ARCHOIL Pics after week and half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave5358
Originally Posted By: simple_simon
I wonder if VW did the hand-on-the-manifold test as well? LOL

Maybe not. Put your hand on an air-cooled Beetle manifold and you will probably need to get your hand re-calibrated.

Good thing. If they had submitted that as "evidence" on BITOG they would have gotten lambasted as well.

Well, dave5358, let me quote you:

't so happens that Synlube's motor oil product also incorporates MoS2. It's ILSAC GF-1, GF-2, GF-3, GF-4 & GF-5 certified. The company's product history is quite amazing, including providing lubricants to NASA for the JPL developed Mars Rover "Sojourner" as well as the lunar rover used in Apollo XVI and XVII. The company has been in business since 1944, with a truly distinguished list of clients and users.'

But when you came to this website you did not know about the huge discussion that took place here between the Synlube promoters who came to this website and the people at this website, did you? So when I bring that up all of the sudden instead of praising Synlube you talk about problems with the Synlube website. And you talk about how you know people at NASA and it is beyond my wildest dreams how strict their requirements are and so forth.

Well, I don't know who exactly at NASA you are supposed to know. But you don't know anything about me. My brother-in-law in a senior engineer at a certain company that has built a lot of satellites and equipment for spacecraft. My two nephews are also working for the same company. My brother-in-law has attended several Space Shuttle launches and several launches of rockets. So don't tell me what is beyond my wildest imagination. Before you start attacking somebody here you need to find out what they know and what they do not know. Some people at this website just might know a little bit more than you think.

When the Synlube promoters came to this website and started to try to push Synlube more than a few guys here did not exactly like their tactics. And guys here are a little bit more resourceful than some people might think. Some guys went to Google Maps to find the alleged Synlube facility and THEY WERE UNABLE TO LOCATE THAT FACILITY! So when the Synlube guy was challenged about that all of the sudden he was saying the facility was on some federal government controlled high security area.

You seem to be willing to question whether Techron is a legit product. Techron was developed by Chevron, a major oil company. I for one would be far more willing to use Techron in my fuel system than using Synlube in my oil. You said you had researched the development of Techron and you could find the name of only one individual and so forth. But until I brought up the major dispute between the guys at this website and the Synlube promoters who came here you seemed to be more than willing to accept what was at the Synlube website.

Now I don't know anything about this ARCHOIL product. But I sure could go to the website of this product and if they supposedly manufacture the product in a certain location I could go to Google Maps and find out if there is a manufacturing facility at that location. If no location is listed where the product is made and where the company is located I would become just a little bet suspicious. Because I will not buy some product I know nothing about and for which no company location is given. And if a manufacturing facility for the product is listed and I check it out in Google Mapping and there is nothing there I sure as heck will not buy the product.

There are some resourceful guys here at bobistheoilguy.com. And there have been a few times when guys have come here talking about some product and telling eveyone how wonderful it is and all of that. Often these guys are very new to this website.

When I went to the ARCHOIL website at the bottom of the webpage it was listed that ARCHOIL is at 115 Hurley Rd, Building 1A, Oxford,CT, 06478. I used Google Mapping to check that out and according to the results I obtained from Google Mapping there is a Vangor Engineering company located at that address. Vangor is a precision tool and die company. I looked Vangor Engineering up in Google.

It will require more research but I don't know how ARCHOIL fits into all of this. I suppose somebody could contact Vangor Engineering up and inquire if ARCHOIL is a divison of that company.

In your post, you mentioned MoS2 as a product which relied on anecdotal approval. That's an inconsistent evaluation standard for products containing MoS2.

MoS2 is a solid lubricant. If it was useful as an ingredient for engine oil, it would already be in there. Oil formulators blend specific base oils with specific additives to achieve required performance. It simply doesn't make sense that anyone but a professional could figure out what to add, in what quantities to improve any oil.

What is amusing is that you were concerned that my statement that I use manufacturer approved oil at the cheapest price could be misconstrued by others and they would run out and buy the cheapest oil they could find, yet you have no qualms about recommending non approved additives when you have zero idea on how they will interact with all the different oils out there in all the different engines out there. Quite remarkable. Maybe you think I have huge influence on the masses and they won't listen to a word you say?

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Originally Posted By: Dave5358
't so happens that Synlube's motor oil product also incorporates MoS2. It's ILSAC GF-1, GF-2, GF-3, GF-4 & GF-5 certified. The company's product history is quite amazing, including providing lubricants to NASA for the JPL developed Mars Rover "Sojourner" as well as the lunar rover used in Apollo XVI and XVII. The company has been in business since 1944, with a truly distinguished list of clients and users.'

But when you came to this website you did not know about the huge discussion that took place here between the Synlube promoters who came to this website and the people at this website, did you? So when I bring that up all of the sudden instead of praising Synlube you talk about problems with the Synlube website.

Their website looks like a bunch of hucksters. That doesn't reflect on their product as much as their taste in websites. Some aspects of their site are informative - their history, for example, complete with pictures. The overall impression (to me at least) is a big promotion.

And you talk about how you know people at NASA and it is beyond my wildest dreams how strict their requirements are and so forth. Well, I don't know who exactly at NASA you are supposed to know. But you don't know anything about me. My brother-in-law in a senior engineer at a certain company that has built a lot of satellites and equipment for spacecraft. My two nephews are also working for the same company. My brother-in-law has attended several Space Shuttle launches and several launches of rockets. So don't tell me what is beyond my wildest imagination. Before you start attacking somebody here you need to find out what they know and what they do not know. Some people at this website just might know a little bit more than you think.

I don't think I attacked anyone, least of all you. I know three engineers from NASA. One is a member of a club to which I belong - I see him every month or so. One guy I knew from the military who later joined NASA. One worked at LTV Aerospace, as did I, but later joined NASA. 2 are engineers and the third guy had something to do with operations. Except for the local guy, I have limited communications with them. I'll stand by my statement: NASA is very particular about the products they use - probably true of the aerospace industry in general. FWIW, NASA apears to have used Synlube over and over again, so they must have liked the product. Or, maybe, they were just trying to ape the Ruskies?

I'm not sure NASA's use of Synlube had to do with Synlube's overall quality. There may be some odd-ball property in Synlube's product that was desirable for use in space (e.g. ability to function under extreme heat or cold). It is unclear if such a property would have any relevance to everyday street drivers.

When the Synlube promoters came to this website and started to try to push Synlube more than a few guys here did not exactly like their tactics. And guys here are a little bit more resourceful than some people might think. Some guys went to Google Maps to find the alleged Synlube facility and THEY WERE UNABLE TO LOCATE THAT FACILITY! So when the Synlube guy was challenged about that all of the sudden he was saying the facility was on some federal government controlled high security area.

Okay, strange story, but what's the point? Synlube must exist somewhere.

You seem to be willing to question whether Techron is a legit product.

Beep, beep, beep. I did not question the legitimacy of Techron. Please go back and re-read my words. I questioned whether it had been independently reviewed (the product itself, not just the principal ingredient).

The reason I asked about that was in response to another user who suggested that most additives were supported by anecdotal information only. What should be obvious to anyone following this thread (and most of the other additive threads) is this: it is very unlikely that there will be independent verification of a proprietary product. This has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the product, one way or another. It has everything to do with the fact that corporations don't share their secrets.

On the other hand, if Techron's principal ingredient PEA has been independently reviewed, that's great. But recall that MoS2 (the chemical ingredient in one group of additives) has also been extensively reviewed. That was my only point.

Techron was developed by Chevron, a major oil company. I for one would be far more willing to use Techron in my fuel system than using Synlube in my oil. You said you had researched the development of Techron and you could find the name of only one individual and so forth. But until I brought up the major dispute between the guys at this website and the Synlube promoters who came here you seemed to be more than willing to accept what was at the Synlube website.

The only thing I noted at Synlube's site (apart from the garish appearance) was their history and client list. I accepted that part as true. It may be a grand hoax. Sadly, their website, like the Techron site, lacked any links to hard research on their product. This is probably not evidence that such research doesn't exisit - more likely that they keep their research private.

Now I don't know anything about this ARCHOIL product. But I sure could go to the website of this product and if they supposedly manufacture the product in a certain location I could go to Google Maps and find out if there is a manufacturing facility at that location. If no location is listed where the product is made and where the company is located I would become just a little bet suspicious. Because I will not buy some product I know nothing about and for which no company location is given. And if a manufacturing facility for the product is listed and I check it out in Google Mapping and there is nothing there I sure as heck will not buy the product.

I've never checked the location of a product manufacturer in that way. There may be a variety of technical issues involved so you might check addresses other ways before totally writing off a business. Try Hoovers, or Dun & Bradstreet or Better Business Bureau or even Google. Manta lists them at 2961 Industrial Road in Las Vegas. Regardless, they've got to be somewhere, right?

There are some resourceful guys here at bobistheoilguy.com. And there have been a few times when guys have come here talking about some product and telling eveyone how wonderful it is and all of that. Often these guys are very new to this website.

And the point is?

Originally Posted By: Sam2000
In your post, you mentioned MoS2 as a product which relied on anecdotal approval. That's an inconsistent evaluation standard for products containing MoS2.

MoS2 is a solid lubricant. If it was useful as an ingredient for engine oil, it would already be in there.

It is there, you just haven't looked. Liqui-Moly makes several motor oil products containing MoS2. Schaeffers may do so as well. Molybdenum in other forms is widely used as an oil additive, in varying ratios. According to Molakule (a frequent poster on BITOG), an oil analysis will not reveal whether the Molybdenum is in the form of MoS2 or organic or whatever.

Oil formulators blend specific base oils with specific additives to achieve required performance. It simply doesn't make sense that anyone but a professional could figure out what to add, in what quantities to improve any oil.

That argument boils down to 'trust the oil companies'. You are welcome to believe that. Oil companies exist to make money. Along the way, they might deliver a good product but it is only incidental to their primary goal.

What is amusing is that you were concerned that my statement that I use manufacturer approved oil at the cheapest price could be misconstrued by others and they would run out and buy the cheapest oil they could find, yet you have no qualms about recommending non approved additives when you have zero idea on how they will interact with all the different oils out there in all the different engines out there. Quite remarkable. Maybe you think I have huge influence on the masses and they won't listen to a word you say?

Beep, beep, beep. I have not recommended the use of anything. I am very circumspect about not making recommendations, so please don't misquote me.

The reason I engaged you was because you stated that various additives only had anecdotal evidence to support them, and that somehow they were less worthy because of that. But that may apply to 'big deal' additives such as Techron as well. It isn't that the research hasn't been done. Rather, companies tend to keep the details of their research and proprietary products private.

But if the research has been done on the principal ingredient rather than the proprietary product itself, then additives containing MoS2 would be no less qualified than additives containing PEA. This seems like a pretty basic logical conclusion, to which you are resisting mightily.

Here are a few points for you. Maybe you can do some research at this website and find out exactly how much research people here did on Synlube. It might surprise you. We were never able to locate any manufacturing facility for Synlube and the major promoter for Synlube here eventually claimed it was on land owned by the federal company is a high security area where no ordinary civilian can go. Maybe you can locate Synlube for us. My guess is that if the federal government was manufacturing some product on a high security base there would be reasons why that product was being manufactured there and the product would not be available to the general public. But the Synlube promoters were trying to get people here at bitgo to buy the Synlube motor oil. Is motor oil for sale to the general public typically manufactured at high security governmental bases? Maybe that is the reason it was so expensive!

Here is another point for you. There is a machine shop at 115 Hurley Rd in Oxford, CT, 06478, according to Google Mapping, unless Google Mapping is incorrect. That machine shop is called Vangor Engineering and that company can be looked up online in Google (or other search engines I am sure). Archoil is listed at that same address and in Building 1A. I am not accusing anybody of being deceptive or anything else. I am just stating some facts. Maybe Archoil is a division of that other company. I don't know.

When I look for Apple I can find out where Apple is located. When I look for Microsoft I can find out where Microsoft is located. Sure Microsoft and Apple have various locations for their stores and various manufacturing facilities and so forth. But I can easily find where Apple corporate headquarters are and I can easily find where Microsoft corporate headquarters are. The last time I looked for Apple the Apple headquarters were not located in Building 1A at a machine shop in California. Now Apple and Microsoft of course are major corporations. And Archoil is a small company I am sure. They may well have a little office at the location of this machine shop. And small companies can produce excellent products. And maybe they have a huge manufacturing facility somewhere else. But the information I have right now is that Archoil is located in Building 1A at the address of a machine shop. Unless Google Mapping is inaccurate. Go look for yourself.

You can also, before he got caught, find Bernie Madoff's office on Google too. And Enron before they collapsed.

Having an address you can find on Google does not mean very much.

Here are a few points for you. Maybe you can do some research at this website and find out exactly how much research people here did on Synlube. It might surprise you.

I don't like surprises

We were never able to locate any manufacturing facility for Synlube and the major promoter for Synlube here eventually claimed it was on land owned by the federal company is a high security area where no ordinary civilian can go. Maybe you can locate Synlube for us. My guess is that if the federal government was manufacturing some product on a high security base there would be reasons why that product was being manufactured there and the product would not be available to the general public. But the Synlube promoters were trying to get people here at BITOG to buy the Synlube motor oil. Is motor oil for sale to the general public typically manufactured at high security governmental bases? Maybe that is the reason it was so expensive!

Honestly, I don't care where Synlube (or Archoil) is located. Further, you are simply going at this in the wrong way.

If you really want to locate a company, try business directories: Hoovers, Dun & Bradstreet, etc. I didn't even need to do that. I just Googled "Synlube Las Vegas" and got: Synlube, Inc. 2961 Industrial Road, Las Vegas, NV, Phone: (702) 683-8292.

Next, I called the number. A recorded message, male voice, heavy accent, said "You have reached Mirox Corporation, importer of Yugo and Zev automobiles and manufacturer of Synlube synthetic lubricanrs. Please leave a recorded message... "

Next, I Googled Nevada Secretary of State. At their Business Entities search section, I entered 'Synlube': Synlube search result

In another search I entered 'Mirox Corporation': Mirox search result

A casual glance down these official results tells me that MIROSLAV KEFURT is the mover and shaker behind both companies. He probably lives at 777 E Quartz Ave #9026, Sandy Valley, NV 89019, but that could be another business address. I also note that the phone number 702-683-8292 keeps appearing on documents above and the websites below.

Next, I Googled 'Mirox Corporation' and got this web page.. One glance told my trained eye that I had reached the same tacky web style noted above. Plus, there's a picture of a Zev automobile!

Mirox seems to be the parent company, involved in a variety of automotive matters, including the import of automobiles and government compliance issues involving imports. If you look at their Projects page there's an interesting list of truly odd automobiles. Synlube is also mentioned there.

Do I know where Synlube is actually manufactured? Do I really care? No to both. For all I know they have it made to their specifications by a refiner elsewhere. Since Synlube only seems to be sold by mail order (and not on-line), they're probably not selling much of it. Even worse, you have to call in your order - no online purchases. So, go figure.

Regardless, if you follow a process vaguely like outlined above, you can locate most businesses, get a clue as to who are the principals, where they are located, etc. Sometimes, you can find additional information as well. But, please - no more questions about where Synlube or Archoil is located. Do your own homework. As for Google Earth, I've never used it for a purpose such as this.

Here is another point for you. There is a machine shop at 115 Hurley Rd in Oxford, CT, 06478, according to Google Mapping,...

Please see above.

When I look for Apple I can find out where Apple is located. When I look for Microsoft I can find out where Microsoft is located. Sure Microsoft and Apple...

Honestly, I don't care where Microsoft or Apple is located either. From what you have reported, Google Mapping leaves a bit to be desired.

Quote:

I've never checked the location of a product manufacturer in that way. There may be a variety of technical issues involved so you might check addresses other ways before totally writing off a business. Try Hoovers, or Dun & Bradstreet or Better Business Bureau or even Google. Manta lists them at 2961 Industrial Road in Las Vegas. Regardless, they've got to be somewhere, right?

How about direct to the Secretary of State. They aren't operating legally anywhere in Nevada.

Synlube Business License

Ed

Originally Posted By: edhackett
Quote:

How about direct to the Secretary of State. They aren't operating legally anywhere in Nevada.

Synlube Business License

Ed:

That is a link to an old registration which probably means nothing. Old registrations which have been cancelled or voided are quite common. Furthermore, it may not even be the same company, since the principal persons are different.

It does NOT mean that Synlube is not operating legally, or anything remotely like that. They do have an active registration.

I found the active licenses. Thanks for pointing out they existed. Google's first hit on "Synlube business license" returned the revoked page. The point was that legitimate businesses don't have their license revoked. They're playing a shell game, as was done with the postings here. Note the Industrial address is nowhere to be seen on the license.

VOAs and UOAs done on their oil showed no consistency of formulation. It looked like random used oil with MoS2 added.

Ed

I found the active licenses. Thanks for pointing out they existed. Google's first hit on "Synlube business license" returned the revoked page. The point was that legitimate businesses don't have their license revoked.

No, that's not what it means. First off, it may not even be the same business. Or, they may have wanted the name and bought the name from the principals of the first business (a guy named Tabascio, at a totally different address). It could also be some odd-ball thing like a change in Nevada's corporation statute requiring that 'incorporated' be spelled out and not abbreviated as 'inc.'.

Regardless, Synlube has an active license. All you're doing is looking at how the Nevada Secretary of State keeps his records. Don't feed the conspiracy folks on this forum, and particularly on this topic.

---

p.s. Because the license was permanently revoked may be why they were removed from Google Mapping. (sorry, I couldn't resist).

There were a lot of guys at this website that did an incredible job checking out Synlube. Somebody came up with the idea of using Google Maps and I had not even thought of that. Others checked to see if Synlube had legit business credentials in Nevada. The major Synlube promoter kept changing his story, finally saying that the manufacturing plant was located on a federal government controlled high security base. Eventually these promoters left because they had lost all credibility at this website.

Now I am not saying that Archoil is corrupt or anything like that. I don't know much about Archoil. But I believe that a legit business will have an address and contact email and telephone numbers. There will be an address for the main office and if the manufacturing facility is located somewhere else there will be an address for that. he business will have accurate business credentials for the state that it is operating in.

I would suppose that the next step in checking out Archoil is to see if their business credentials in their state of operation are in order.

There were a lot of guys at this website that did an incredible job checking out Synlube. Somebody came up with the idea of using Google Maps and I had not even thought of that. Others checked to see if Synlube had legit business credentials in Nevada. The major Synlube promoter kept changing his story, finally saying that the manufacturing plant was located on a federal government controlled high security base. Eventually these promoters left because they had lost all credibility at this website.

Now I am not saying that Archoil is corrupt or anything like that. I don't know much about Archoil. But I believe that a legit business will have an address and contact email and telephone numbers. There will be an address for the main office and if the manufacturing facility is located somewhere else there will be an address for that. he business will have accurate business credentials for the state that it is operating in.

I would suppose that the next step in checking out Archoil is to see if their business credentials in their state of operation are in order.

Archoil World Headquarters, 115 Hurley Rd. Building 1A
Oxford, CT 06478. (203) 265-5700 or (866) 537-7383

As above, how do you know they do their own manufacturing? Maybe they have a specialty chemical works / refinery make up the stuff for them. Why not call them on the phone and just ask?

Quote:

Synlube Business License

Ed

Certainly not in Mercury NV, according to an email I got back in 2010 from the DoE.

I asked after Miro claimed to be based out of there.

Last edited:
Trajan I remember you were one of the ones who did a very good job checking out Synlube. I think one guy here even drove to where the Synlube promoter was saying his manufacturing facility was and there was nothing there. I think if I remember correctly the guy said there was just a highway overpass or something like that. If I remember correctly the first location given was just a post office location. And the guy kept changing his story.

Trajan I remember you were one of the ones who did a very good job checking out Synlube. I think one guy here even drove to where the Synlube promoter was saying his manufacturing facility was and there was nothing there. I think if I remember correctly the guy said there was just a highway overpass or something like that. If I remember correctly the first location given was just a post office location. And the guy kept changing his story.

They fled to Noria. Lots of fun had I.

I have been busy today but I did check online and this Archoil product may be produced in Europe. Apparently in England. In that case there is a distributor here in the USA.

I was not able to check this out right away but I have been very busy.

But at their website they do say that the 115 Hurley Rd, Building 1A, Oxford, CT address is their World Headquarters. So maybe the research and/or manufacture takes place in England or somewhere else. I don't know. Sort of strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back