Quaker state synthetic blend?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my buddy changed my oil for me, and he told me afterwards he used some quaker state synthetic blend 5w-30. Never used QS so is this a good oil? Anyone have good/bad reviews??

What engine / car
What does your manual spec
How do you drive
What's your change interval
Where do you live
Hwy vs City

If your manual's requirements are met by the approvals listed on the bottle, it's a great oil, as are most major brands in todays mkt.

Last edited:
quaker state and pennzoil are good oils but there are others just as good. I buy pennzoil for my own car when there is a deal and i like qsud also.
The bulk oil i use at my shop is good stuff also its just i change my own oil at my house because space is cramped at the shop. I learned to buy oil in a closed container so it dont spill in my car

If your car specs a 5w-30 then it is an excellent choice. Any 5w-30 would have been an excellent choice.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
You honestly have no idea if Quaker State is a good oil or not?

Really?

He asked the question. So instead of offering anything positive to the conversation you see fit to demean? You had nothing to offer, but you just couldn't help yourself. You wanted to feel... awesome about yourself? Was that it? Did it boost your oil ego? BITOG cred?

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Excellent oil

That is true. It is pretty close to QSUD, which makes it a good choice in my book...

I haven't use the QS Syn/Blend but, I have used QSGB, DEFY & QSUD and I really like them all very much. I am sure that the Syn/Blend is a fine oil and I would use if the opertunity arose.

i have used mc in the past but im never sure who makes it i know its conoco but it could change at anytime... Now its too pricey and i dont even look at it.

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
So my buddy changed my oil for me, and he told me afterwards he used some quaker state synthetic blend 5w-30. Never used QS so is this a good oil? Anyone have good/bad reviews??

lawman1909,

Rest easy....QS is excellent oil to use in your car. Personally I's go for the full synthetic myself.

Durango

I just realized that my WM carries this oil. It looks exactly the same (packaging wise) as QSUD and I didn't realize until today that it's the 'blend'.
The 1 qt. is $5.07 while the 5 qt. jug is $16.97.
Pennzoil syn blend dexos (which must be very similar to this) is $4.47 a qt. but $17.47 for the 5 qt.
Castrol syn blend dexos is the cheapest dexos spec'd oil at 16.27 for the 5 qt. jug.

Your buddy changed your oil and you didn't know what oil it was before hand? That's a big no-no IMO. Do it yourself to make sure you know what's going in and it is done right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back