which oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
troy bilt tractor no oil filter

I don't know how much hp does it have. Which oil should I used and what weight?

Is there a placard under the hood? The weight is sometimes listed there. I currently have a mix of Delo SAE30 and GTX 10W30 in my 13.5HP lawn tractor.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Is there a placard under the hood? The weight is sometimes listed there. I currently have a mix of Delo SAE30 and GTX 10W30 in my 13.5HP lawn tractor.

no placard

really up to you.

If you check your oil level often and change your oil regularly, syn or no syn doesn't matter.

Afterall: it's prolly a flathead air-cooled engine with no valve stem seals.

Q.

It sounds like you have a Troy Bilt Pony tractor with a B&S 13.5 HP motor.

New models use 5W30 synthetic or 30W conventional.

Look up the motor's model number and pull the manual from the B&S web site for accurate info.

Okay thanks I'm going to get the 10w30 or 15w40 whichever is cheaper. I'm not choosing us spirit oil. Can I used 10w30 or 15w30 in the lawn mower also if I'm buying oil for the tractor?

Originally Posted By: Rohan
Okay thanks I'm going to get the 10w30 or 15w40 whichever is cheaper. I'm not choosing us spirit oil. Can I used 10w30 or 15w30 in the lawn mower also if I'm buying oil for the tractor?

Yes. I'd choose the 15w40 personally.

I was going to get the oil 15w40 and tech from advance auto parts store told me is not good to used 15w40 in the tractor and telling me that engine will blow up so he told to get straight oil like sae 30 non detergent.

is this true?

No it's not true...truth is that 15W-40 is way better for your tractor than listening to the tech from advance auto.

edit= I will give the "tech from advance auto" some leeway, if your motor has run non detergent oil for years then detergent oil would loosen up all the sludge at bottom of engine. That could cause problems...

Last edited:
Do I get 15w40 valvoline premium blue heavy duty oil and can I used this in the regular lawnmower? I hope engine don't get damage if I used diesel oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back