amsoil saber 2 cycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use this? A friend is an amsoil guy and gave me 2 packs. Its stated as 100:1 Is that really a safe ratio to run? My Echo chainsaw and Hitachi blower are 50:1. Those who use this, do you run it 50:1 or just mix it at 100:1 Anyone been using this for a long time?

Thanks

Last edited:
my family runs a landscaping business, they run it 100:1

my cousin said he has to decoke mb one trimmer every year, out of 30.
this gets used for many hrs a day.

but you could definitely use it at 50:1 if it makes u sleep better

Just keep in mind you can run it at 75:1, or 85:1 or anything between. I used to run it at 85:1 Had no problems in a blower.

Yes using these lean ratios for racing is something I would say is not a good idea. Just don't use it for racing and you will be fine.

It is really a good product. 128 oz divided by 85 ratio = 1.50 oz of oil little tiny extra if it makes you feel better.

Last edited:
I run it with Shell V-Power 93. It's the lowest ethanol available readily in my area (max 5%). I grab a 3.5oz bottle and mix it in 2 gallons. I love the lack of smoke and smell that you usually deal with.

Use high octane ethanol free gas if its available to you, maybe at a marina or something. Your 2 stroke will thank you.
smile.gif

I run my 2-stroke trimmer and blower with Saber at 64:1 (2 oz of Saber per gallon of 91 octane E0 gasoline plus one ounce of Seafoam).

Since I've started using Seafoam year round, I notice I get easier starts come springtime.

Originally Posted By: strat81
I run my 2-stroke trimmer and blower with Saber at 64:1 (2 oz of Saber per gallon of 91 octane E0 gasoline plus one ounce of Seafoam).

Since I've started using Seafoam year round, I notice I get easier starts come springtime.

Tried putting some seafoam in my 2 stroke snow blower and it seemed like the oil separated right out...

Originally Posted By: buck91

Tried putting some seafoam in my 2 stroke snow blower and it seemed like the oil separated right out...

thats not right lol

Originally Posted By: JD4440
I ran it at 100:1 for a while. Seems like I have less smoke and easier starting @ 2 oz to a gallon.

At 2oz ratio is 64:1

I just mixed some up for the first time. I used ~40:1 maybe I'll go up a little in the future. A little extra never hurts.

Been running it at 80:1 in our trimmers and blowers commercially every day for 4 years now. Since I switched I have no had to clean a single exhaust port or spark screen and I have not replaced any spark plugs. Saber is the best 2 cycle on the market bar none.

Originally Posted By: Mike72
You'll be blowing raw oil out the exhaust and fouling spark plugs with Amsoil at 40:1.

I just mowed with saber in my lawnboy at 32:1, no smoke, no fouling, no oil on the tip of the exhaust.

I do get oil blowing out of the exhaust on my stihl trimmer using motomix with 50:1 though. From what I undersyand, it's normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back