P-OAT Concentrate for Asian Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think these Reochem coolants (Asian green, red and blue) are the same except for the dye?

Originally Posted By: pbm
Do you guys think these Reochem coolants (Asian green, red and blue) are the same except for the dye?

That's a good question. Speculating here but based on their description I'm going to say yes, the same except for the dye.

And really, if it is an extended life Asian P-HOAT AF as advertised, no need for separate formulations as it should work well in any Asian vehicle. And again, the fact that it comes as a concentrated AF at the PB price point is a real plus.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Originally Posted By: pbm

That's a good question. Speculating here but based on their description I'm going to say yes, the same except for the dye.

And really, if it is an extended life Asian P-HOAT AF as advertised, no need for separate formulations as it should work well in any Asian vehicle. And again, the fact that it comes as a concentrated AF at the PB price point is a real plus.

I've always suspected that Honda blue, Toyota pink etc...were very similar (and interchangeable) so I would also think these coolants are the same except for color....I'll be using PGL in my Corolla when I swap out the pink SLL because I have a couple of gallons of concentrate.

^^^^ I can't say that Honda Type 2 and Toyota SLL have the exact same inhibitors or formula, but they use the same P-HOAT principle. I suspect the new Nissan Extended Life premix is also very close to Type 2. All have no silicates, nitrates, borates and amines and a touch of P.

That said, I think your PGL choice will work out quite nicely. Currently running it in my Tacoma after I system flushed Toyota Red. At this point plan on running it at least 4 years, maybe longer. Very satisfied to this point.

FWIW, I was in the dealer today and noticed they lowered the price on red to $23.82. Random price, but whatever.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Interesting. Well, the Toyota red is only $24.95 a gallon at my local dealer so that's not much of a difference.

Originally Posted By: jmb106
For those looking for an Asian formula Concentrate found this this at PepBoys. Made by Recochem in Canada. Comes in Green, Blue, Red and Pink. $20 a gallon. The Green and Blue recommended for all Asian cars, the Red and Pink recommended for Toyota/Lexus. I bought a gallon for my timing belt job on my 95 Accord. here is a link to the TDS http://www.reco-cool.com/media/uploads/data_sheets/Long_Life_OAT-P_Formula_Concentrate.pdf What do you all think?

Very different pricing in other regions of the country. My local Toyota dealer wants $33/gal for RED and the Lexus dealer wants $35/gal for the RED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back