Toyota YZZA1 and other 10K oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that TRD is nice looking too. I love seeing those. Coin flip between that and the FU unless one has superior efficiency. I have to say that when I see UOAs with FU the insolubles is always crazy low.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Man that TRD is nice looking too. I love seeing those. Coin flip between that and the FU unless one has superior efficiency. I have to say that when I see UOAs with FU the insolubles is always crazy low.

The TRD filter is rated "98% efficient at 20 microns."

Other features are:
- 100% synthetic glass/polyester blend filtration media
- Zinc plated steel end caps for increased structural integrity
- Red silicone gaskets provide excellent seal characteristics at extreme temperatures
- Includes 2 replacement Viton housing gaskets and a drain adapter

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: gaijinnv
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

The TRD filter is rated "98% efficient at 20 microns."

Other features are:
- 100% synthetic glass/polyester blend filtration media
- Zinc plated steel end caps for increased structural integrity
- Red silicone gaskets provide excellent seal characteristics at extreme temperatures
- Includes 2 replacement Viton housing gaskets and a drain adapter

thumbsup2.gif

Oh stop already.... You two are making me want to return all these filters except the FU and do a 10K UOA bake off between the FU and the TRD.
wink.gif

Filters by different manufacturers are very different.
I wish there was a better and cheaper independent test we could do

FYi, I did have an opportunity to eyeball both a M1C-251 and NAPA Synthetic 47047, sorry no pics. The M1 appeared to be a twin to the TRD except for the media (steel center tube and rubber o-rings inserted into the metal endcaps). The WIX/NAPA appeared to have copied the Fram XG design except for different wire backed media (no center tube and it had plastic endcaps just like the Fram). The M1 was made in the USA and the WIX/NAPA in Poland.

Last edited:
Same filter fits my 2011 Camry 2.5 liter 4 cylinder.

The TRD looks like a Mobil 1 with a different embossed end cap.

Local dealer here wants three times the price of standard OEM filter for the TRD.

You might consider picking up a Mobil 1 oil and filter deal at Autozone.

Net cost then would be around $8 that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back