Pro-Logix battery charger is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have bought one awhile ago. Saving one battery would have more than paid for the charger. Charges any type battery using a pulsed charge. Displays voltage and percent of charge. I have 8 batteries to maintain. The first car I hooked up to I thought was okay and it on showed 35% charged.
http://www.cloreautomotive.com/sku.php?id=502

I paid %69 + tax for mine at the auto parts store, because I wanted it now. I could have ordered one off amazon for $52. Well worth it anyway.

I bought one of the Pro Logix 10 amp chargers couple of months ago from Amazon after reading about it in Motor magazine. It is the best charger I've owned as it will properly charge different types of batteries and it will desulfate weak batteries.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Are they safe to use on the car?

Yes, they are safe to use with battery connected in car. What is really nice is the voltage display and percent of charge. My old battery maintainer, that I broke only had a red light/green light, plus it would take forever to safely charge a very low battery. This one has a 10 amp max output, unlike smaller battery tenders.

Last edited:
Can I use it as a 12V lab power supply for playing around or is it a strictly a charger?

Also, I have a dead 6V SLA from OPE; The documentation says something about support for "reviving"; any explanation of that claim?

Besides Amazon, where can you buy them?

I'm not familiar with the brand, but after reviewing their website & reading the recommendations here, I'd like to buy one. I've been in the market for a battery charger recently. Kink of glad I haven't bought already.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Besides Amazon, where can you buy them?

I'm not familiar with the brand, but after reviewing their website & reading the recommendations here, I'd like to buy one. I've been in the market for a battery charger recently. Kink of glad I haven't bought already.

Got mine from Amazon Saturday morning. Conveeeeeeenient... I was headed out to where the '66 is stored later in the day so I took it with me. I'd just started the '66 a week before, drove it around town, and put it on my old charger to top it off.

I hooked up the Prolgix, and it promptly reported a 35% state of charge WITH sulfation detected. I decided to leave it on for a week or so and let its desulfation algorithm do its thing.

Its certainly a nice charger, even if it can't do all that much about sulfation. The maintainer algorithm is far better than simple float charging- it even includes kicking in a small load periodically and then re-charging.

I like.
7 phases. I've seen 5 modes chargers
I might toss one in my Amazon cart next order (thinking).
Although I have a Tender Plus and a BatteryMinder, guessing can't hurt to try something else.

I recently bought a smart charger/maintainer but a different make. The float charge voltage was high 14's; seemed high. If you get a chance check what the voltage is after the full charge and in the maintenance mode, I would like to know.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: White 03
I recently bought a smart charger/maintainer but a different make. The float charge voltage was high 14's; seemed high. If you get a chance check what the voltage is after the full charge and in the maintenance mode, I would like to know.

Thanks.

Is yours temp compensated for both high and low temps? That may be the issue.

Thanks.

I just checked it. 12.8 volts. It actually stops charging altogether at 100% charge, then monitors the voltage, and at some level it starts up again with an exercise program that steps the voltage down a ways, then steps it back up to full charge, then stops again. Looks like a great way to maintain batteries.

Originally Posted By: Traction

Thanks.

I just checked it. 12.8 volts. It actually stops charging altogether at 100% charge, then monitors the voltage, and at some level it starts up again with an exercise program that steps the voltage down a ways, then steps it back up to full charge, then stops again. Looks like a great way to maintain batteries.

Thank you. That seems to be a better way for maintenance.

I looked at the web site but couldn't see if it has a separate program for AMG batteries; did you notice if it does?

Originally Posted By: Traction

Thanks.

Thank you. That seems to be a better way for maintenance.

I looked at the web site but couldn't see if it has a separate program for AMG batteries; did you notice if it does?

Yes, it has separate settings for 6/12 volt AGM, GEL, and standard. 2A, 6A, 10A, plus voltage and percent of charge display. Charger also has a cooling fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back