Hankook Optimo H727 review

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my particular size(205-55-16) the cost of the H727's have shot up that, even with the DTD discounts(PP Cards), there may be better choices. I would like to try something else and I do agree that the H727 are still a good choice for the right price and their winter traction is quite good on most vehicles.

I did write a very good review on the H727's some time ago(w/~ 25K miles) and they were quiet, with good hydroplaning resistance and good winter traction. Now with 6-7/32nds remaining(w/~ 35K miles) on the tires, their snow/ice traction in hilly Central PA isn't as good as in the flatter Western NY. So, this warranted a change to winter tires(AltiMax Arctic) especially during this years brutal winter.

The H727 are a good riding, quiet/smooth tire and still a good choice but, those with some disapointments such as myself, look for something else next time. These H727's are on a Mazda3 2.0L which is not a particularly good vehicle in snow w/o good tires. Some vehicles are like that.

My buddy who does like them, will stay with the H727's as his sizes are really reasonably prices for him and his sons CR-V.

Could the understeer problem be something other than the tires, or in addition to the tires? Are the rear shocks in good working order? Are all the suspension links and bushings tight as they need to be? Is there a rear sway bar? Should there be one? Can a stiffer rear sway bar be fitted?

If the problem indeed comes from the tires, then they gott'a go. From the description, they aren't safe. Buy 4 new tires before you crash. You never know when somebody will do something stupid in front of you, and you need to make an emergency maneuver.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
I've been pretty happy with my sets of H727s, especially when you consider the price I paid.

I haven't noticed "laughably bad" wet traction. It's not spectacular, but these aren't a performance tire.

I specifically chose these for their winter traction and they're very, very good for an all-season tire in the snow and ice.

My review is posted here:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3252930/2

+1 I have never had issues with mine. 3 years and about 30k on them now. Cross country trips and plenty of snow. They are what they are. Good price and long tread pattern

A good quick review that mirrors the views of many
smile.gif

I have these on my 2006 Lexus LS 430 and they are quiet and ride very nice. Also have them on my sons 2003 Monte Carlos SS and again, they are quiet and smooth... I can not complain because they were almost half the cost of Michelins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back