Fram TG9837 - No ADBV??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to grab one of these for my Chevy Colorado 3.5L. In looking at the filter, I can see the fiber end-caps through the inlet holes - No ADBV in these filters? The Wix 51522 has a ADBV, and If I recall correctly, the AC Delco PF61 has the valve. Wonder why Fram eliminated it?

Filter is mounted vertically, so a ADBV is probably non-essential. Just weird to see, since the XG9837 retained the ADBV. Anyone have any thoughts? Problem or not? I stuck with Wix this time.

On the Fram website, it says that the PH, TG, and XG 9837 don't have an ADBV. But the picture of the XG9837 shows one. Weird.

Originally Posted By: Stelth
On the Fram website, it says that the PH, TG, and XG 9837 don't have an ADBV. But the picture of the XG9837 shows one. Weird.

The Fram team did not include a adbv in this filter as it does not require one. They are on all XG series's filters for sealing reasons and just because it is our top line flagship filter.

This topic, ie., no adbv on the PH/TG/HM 9837 has been covered before here. Interestingly there is a distinction on some models based on year of manufacturer with Fram whether an adbv is used or not. The details of the information is posted in a post I made after doing more research on the topic, in the link below*, you can read that post for details.

Bottom line, Wix and Purolator make no distinction for year, they include an adbv on all applications thru all years using the equivalent 51522 and PL/L25288 respectively. Also the PH/TG 3675 used on the earlier GM models and has the same outer dimensions includes an adbv. As I said in that thread, if I was looking at Fram, I would prefer that filter. Just me. And the equivalent oem ACDelco PF61 according to the link posted also now uses/has an adbv.

And as said in the linked thread, while no adbv may have used/spec'd on some year models, obviously as the information linked and the fact that the XG uses one, there is nothing lost by having one.

*Fram Tough Guard 9837 No Adbv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back