My Wix analysis is taking forever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever send a sample to the Ohio lab? I sent it there because its closer to my state than Georgia. I sent it on the 10th. It has now been 20 days. I don't ever remember it taking this long!! Anyone send a sample to the Ohio lab before? How long did it tke?

Did you mail a round bottle by the U.S. Mail? It's possibly being held in quarantine by the USPS. An ignorant postal employee is to blame and it does happen.

Almost all the samples I mail to Polaris take 2-3 weeks just to arrive. From the tracking, the problem for me is in Albany NY. I complained to the USPS and they said they were sorry I did not get the service I should expect. But they do eventually arrive.

I take mine to the local CAT service center in Bloomington MN and they do it within 24 hours. Amsoil used to take about two weeks and they're just up the highway from here. I understand your frustration

With my last sample from Blackstone it took just 2 weeks and at that they were out of work for 2 days due to the bad weather there.

Last edited:
Had the same problem with that lab. Twice.
Both times I called them and they 'found' my sample on a shelf. Got the analysis the next day after the call.

Next time put it in brown puffy envelope so USPS won't mess with it. Happened to me a couple times till I started using envelopes.

Originally Posted By: tc1446
Next time put it in brown puffy envelope so USPS won't mess with it. Happened to me a couple times till I started using envelopes.

Just wondering....when the post office asks you if the envelope contains liquids, etc...when you mail it, what do you tell them?

I would send all samples UPS and call it good. Or, many kits sold have the postage calculated and you can just drop it in a Fed-ex, UPS, or even USPS drop box.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Almost all the samples I mail to Polaris take 2-3 weeks just to arrive. From the tracking, the problem for me is in Albany NY. I complained to the USPS and they said they were sorry I did not get the service I should expect. But they do eventually arrive.

False. They are not sorry at all and don't give a [censored]. It's the USPS.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: Donald

False. They are not sorry at all and don't give a [censored]. It's the USPS.
I have to agree, they lost 4 bills of mine (with checks enclosed) 6 months ago-never to be seen again. Pay them all online now, USPS is doomed.

I just recently got results back from Blackstone on my first UOA. My wife mailed the sample on a Monday and I had results in my email on the following Wednesday. Being the first time, I don't know how that will compare with normal.

I suggest using the USPS flat-rate Tyvek Priority Mail envelopes. $6 and you can cram 4 or more sample containers in there.

To answer your question, yes, I tell them there is liquid. They never seem to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back