My 2013 Civic and Opti-Coat Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the pictures after my FULL detail of my 2013 Civic EX last Saturday. A 1 step paint corretion/polish was done to remove 90% of all light swirling, halograms and light surface scratches, than Opti-Coat Pro was applied to all the paint, black trim and headlights and taillights.

/i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w522/crimsonex/photo4_zps81244082.jpg" class="post-image" alt="" />[/URL" target="_blank">

[URL=http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/crimsonex/media/photo3_zps2d8f4e48.jpg.html]

http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/crimsonex/media/proshot5_zps44b6d911.jpg.html

Last edited:
looks good ! I used the same on my 2014 CRV. opticoat is great on a daily driver. have had OC on my one ride since it came out and it has been fantastic. dirt and grime do not stick to the surface as much. best thing is you have a sacrificial layer over your CC that can be removed and reapplied. did not notice but if you have any left over be sure to clean your wheels well then apply OC on them.

Last edited:
A Honda Civic has no business looking that good. Wow.

How hard is it to apply? Cost? As I understand that is a semi clear coat coating. In the long term would there be any concern that it might peal or flake off?

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
A Honda Civic has no business looking that good. Wow.

How hard is it to apply? Cost? As I understand that is a semi clear coat coating. In the long term would there be any concern that it might peal or flake off?

It does not peel.

Opti-Coat Pro dealers are required to charge a minimum $395 for the application alone. The required prep work and polishing are additional.

so whats the real cash price??
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
so whats the real cash price??
wink.gif

Since it's a one step correction, I would guess that it was in the $700 range.

If you can charge $700 for a one step polish and a sealant, times must be good for you. Even if it's one of those fancy hardcoats which in reality apply faster than traditional waxes.

Generally for a one step polish and sealant I'd charge in the neighborhood of $350-500 depending on what extra stuff they wanted done and the initial condition of the paint if it was a new customer and it needed claying or a returning customer with generally uncontaminated paint in still decent condition.

I don't discuss charges on this forum. I am very happy with the results for a cheap, compact economy car.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be a jerk, this is an honest question.

Why would a 6 month old car need this kind of work?

Originally Posted By: flinter
I don't discuss charges on this forum. I am very happy with the results for a cheap, compact economy car.
You are extremely wise! Otherwise somebody is going to comment about your monthly payment to the bank (or worse lease payment!), cost of this detail and the ratio thereof!!

Somebody already said that a Civic does not *deserve* to look this good but I know it was a compliment rather than spite. I can tell there are people here who would say that you should have used that money to pay off the car loan.

As I said before, you are extremely smart not talk about the prices.

Flinter, that looks fantastic! I remember when you were here last year debating what to do re: polish. Now that the finish has seen abrasives twice in less than a year and has a hard coating, *leave it alone* and keep up a regular and proper wash regimen and it'll look that good for years to come.

PS I don't remember seeing those wheels on other Civics, they look nice on your car.

I think the current Civic is a really smart-looking small car. And yes, those wheels are very tasteful as well. flinter, great job on the work; excellent results! I'd be proud to own that car!

So I didn't know that OC is a dealer-only product. Not to pry, but I'm trying to connect the dots; you are a professional detailer, but this is your own car that you detailed? Very nicely done. I'd have you work on my car if I lived close.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Originally Posted By: flinter
You are extremely wise! Otherwise somebody is going to comment about your monthly payment to the bank (or worse lease payment!), cost of this detail and the ratio thereof!!

Somebody already said that a Civic does not *deserve* to look this good but I know it was a compliment rather than spite. I can tell there are people here who would say that you should have used that money to pay off the car loan.

As I said before, you are extremely smart not talk about the prices.

Why make a mountain out of a molehill? Its just silly... car loan? What does that have to do with anything, besides an attempt to troll or instigate?

Critic said that there was a manufacturer-stipulated price for doing this job. Its no surprise that to most everything, especially in the one-on-one service industry, that there is a price, and then there is a price...

I wasnt asking anyone to self-incriminate, and the question was aimed more to the critic than anyone.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I think the current Civic is a really smart-looking small car. And yes, those wheels are very tasteful as well. flinter, great job on the work; excellent results! I'd be proud to own that car!

So I didn't know that OC is a dealer-only product. Not to pry, but I'm trying to connect the dots; you are a professional detailer, but this is your own car that you detailed? Very nicely done. I'd have you work on my car if I lived close.

+1 to everything. I like the styling direction Honda has been going in.

Not sure what it is, but Ive seen more burgandy colored cars with paint issues (peeled clearcoat, etc) than any other color. Ill bet this set up the paint for the best protection. I may go with OC someday...

Originally Posted By: pottymouth
I'm not trying to be a jerk, this is an honest question.

Why would a 6 month old car need this kind of work?

Most new vehicles are delivered with paint that is far from flawless.

Opti-Coat is a product that is designed for protection, but people always correct the paint to maximize its appearance before applying Opti-Coat.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
Flinter, that looks fantastic! I remember when you were here last year debating what to do re: polish. Now that the finish has seen abrasives twice in less than a year and has a hard coating, *leave it alone* and keep up a regular and proper wash regimen and it'll look that good for years to come.

PS I don't remember seeing those wheels on other Civics, they look nice on your car.

In both sessions, the paint was not hit with anything "hard," so I would not be too concerned.

The Opti-Coat Pro is a professional-only product that carries a minimum charge. Opti-Coat 2.0 is the consumer version.

Thanks, gofast and hokie.....

No, I am not a professional detailer, just a guy who educated himself about proper, professional detailing and paint correction
and was able to find a local professional detailer who is an approved Opti-Coat installer in my area! www.signaturedetailing.com

The replacement wheels on my Civic I believe were OE for the 2006 or 2007 Civic EX, but I am not certain on that.

Also, you are right about my car now being polished several times in less than a year. Now that is it swirl free, with a
great coating, I am hoping not to have a buffer on the paint
for the life of the car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back