Japanese Nippon Micro filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japanese Nippon Micro Filter Co. oil filter, just managed to take a couple of pics,sorry about last pic camera has dodgy zoom
rolleyes.gif
After fitting one to my Nissan it took away the tick at startup, construction seems really good. Anyone had any experience with them? I might rip one apart after next service.
 -

-

Ive used US-market Nippon "original equipment" filters. They come in a navy blue box with a bit of red and white for the text. All it has on it is the 'OE part number'.

Seems that this filter is the consumer market/store shelf version of the ones I buy online from import parts houses.

I like the nippon and denso first time fit filters. Seem to me to be the best, or at least the best alternative to OE. I prefer them becuase of the pre-lubed gasket and plastic over the opening to keep the internals clean until use time.

JMH

Looks just like a Denso "First Time Fit" filter with different paint/lettering.

-

-

I like the Densos and have never had a problem with them. Not alot of data out there on them though.

Jeramy

[ January 27, 2005, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: weatherdude ]

quote:

Originally posted by edwardh1:
other than dealers who sells denso or other Japanese made filters?

I tried Denso website they listed one place in California

I got mine from Auto Doctor Parts

They have Denso, Nippon, and a couple of filters that look identical, but I've never heard of them.

You have to search by car. You may have to be creative in your search too. Your best bet is to find different makes/models that use the same filter as you, and try each one. That's how I had to do it. For example, on my Chevy metro, it came back with a "No Parts Found" message. The metro uses the same filter as many Saabs, Suzukis (with the same G13B engine), etc. So I go from there. Using the Saabs that use the same filter, I get Mann and Bosch filters. Using the Suzuki Swift, I get Full(?), Nippon, Denso, etc. Not an easy system to use. (By the way.. using Geo Metro 3cyl (same filter), I only get K&N filters
lol.gif
) I only got it to work after going to wix's site and looking at my filters applications and going from there. I hope someone else has a site that's a little easier.

On the other hand, the filters were here in a couple of days.

- Jeramy

quote:

Originally posted by weatherdude:

quote:

Originally posted by edwardh1:
other than dealers who sells denso or other Japanese made filters?

I tried Denso website they listed one place in California

I got mine from Auto Doctor Parts

- Jeramy

Forget what I just said!! If you notice on the left side of the page there is a box for you to enter OEM, brand name, etc. part numbers. If you enter the Fram part number (PH3614 for example) of the filter you're looking for, it will return the cross-matched filters they have for that part. Works a heck of a lot better than how I did it the first time
smile.gif

- Jeramy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back