Post Your Latest (Motorcycle) Oil Change!

I figured this may be fun and spur everyone to post like many do in the PCMO section and might give us some interesting oils/brews and filter combinations we motorcyclists haven't pondered yet. Feel free to give as much info as you'd like!

1986 Yamaha FZX700 Fazer: Shell Rotella 15W40, Wix 24937 Filter

2007 Yamaha FZ1: Shell Rotella 15W40, Wix 51358 Filter

So far I'm really happy with the performance of the SRT 15W40 and don't see myself trying another oil any time soon, but I might try out the HiFlo filters as I can get them REALLY cheap. Hopefully I'll get a response from them as far as their filter efficiency goes before making the change.

Nothing exciting here...

2013 BMW F700GS: I let dealer handle the last oil change which was also the first 600-mile service on the bike. They used an OEM BMW filter (not sure who makes them) and if I wanted synthetic oil (which I did), then their only option was Spectro 15w-50. Not a big fan, but I didn't feel like bringing in my own oil for this change.

03' Ford Focus (2.3L Duratec)
Mileage: 121,300
OUT: M1 0w20 AFE, OCI 13 months
at 9200K.
IN: M1 0w20 AFE, Fram ULTRA Filter
PROJECTED OCI: 8K to 10K or 1 year

Warmed up enough last weekend to remove the Mobil1 0w20 AFE, and replace it with TGMO of the same weight.

Today, it was nearly reached 30 degrees.

I should have the UOA by the end of the week, to post.

Last week I had a couple days off and it was nice out so I changed the oil in the 2006 Accord 2.4
OUT: TGMO 0w20 / Honda A02 (5 months and 3000 miles)
IN: TGMO 0w20 / Fram Ultra. The filter will most likely be used for two OCI's.

About a month before that..
2005 Chevy Uplander 3.5
OUT: QSUD 5w30 Fram TG (3500ish miles 4ish months)
IN: QSUD 5w30 Fram TG
NEXT: Castrol Edge EP w/ FST 10w30 and a Fram TG or Fram Ultra.

I probably should have changed the main heading to "Post Your Latest Motorcycle Oil Change" now that I think of it lol Thanks for the input guys, and keep em coming!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Analyzer
I probably should have changed the main heading to "Post Your Latest Motorcycle Oil Change" now that I think of it lol Thanks for the input guys, and keep em coming!
wink.gif

Oh, sorry!

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: Analyzer
wink.gif

Oh, sorry!

No worries at all Greg, I didn't think about the possible confusion with the PCMO thread; thanks for your post none the less!

2012 Can Am Spyder, 990 Rotax V Twin, dry sump, wet clutch. Out, Liqui Moly 10w40, HiFlo filters in both engine and trans. In with Brad-Penn V2 10w40, and factory Can-Am filters. BTW, nothing wrong with HiFlo filters. Many are identical to K&N, right down to the color. I've run them on many bikes: Can Am, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and Aprilia. Never a problem.

Last edited:
2011 Triumph Speedmaster, Valvoline Synthetic 4t 20w50 with a K&N 204 filter.

1981 Suzuki GS1100E. Rotella T 15w40 and a Wix filter.

Back