Oil for 2008 CLS550 Mercedes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your manual allows the following oils.

All TEMPS......0W-30, 5W-30, 0W-40, 5W-40, 5W-50.

Use only synthetic engine oil that is formulated to meet MB
Sheet 229.5 or MB Sheet 229.51

That being said the Mobil 1 0w40 at Walmart is the best bang for the buck. Your going to need 9 quarts so if you get the M1 you have $50 into the oil and the filter choice is up to you! Wix 57078 fits, so does the Mann/Hummel HU7185X

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Your manual allows the following oils.

All TEMPS......0W-30, 5W-30, 0W-40, 5W-40, 5W-50.

Use only synthetic engine oil that is formulated to meet MB
Sheet 229.5 or MB Sheet 229.51

That being said the Mobil 1 0w40 at Walmart is the best bang for the buck. Your going to need 9 quarts so if you get the M1 you have $50 into the oil and the filter We are looking for experienced framers. Paid every second Friday
We can pay as a sub contractor or hourly with deductions.

Call terry at 306 261 2272choice is up to you! Wix 57078 fits, so does the Mann/Hummel HU7185X

Didn't Walmart price all their jugs at 26 bucks now,so all their euro oils will be comparably priced?

I read something the other day about Porsches and their oil spec.
Porsche feels that any certified oil is equal in quality and if it's certified to meet their spec that means it's as good as every other certified oil.
Now that says a lot to me. If Porsche feels all oils that are certified to their spec are equal who are we to question it.

But yeah I like m1 0w-40

Originally Posted By: yankees1
Suggestions for brand and oil weight for this car ? Central Illinois.

Mobil 1 0w-40. Simple to find and good pricing.

Buy a Mann Oil Filter on Amazon, exactly the same as Genuine Mercedes part, costs about $10.00.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
I read something the other day about Porsches and their oil spec.
Porsche feels that any certified oil is equal in quality and if it's certified to meet their spec that means it's as good as every other certified oil.
Now that says a lot to me. If Porsche feels all oils that are certified to their spec are equal who are we to question it.

The same can be said about most of the Euro specs. For example, if an oil meets MB 229.5 spec, MB considers it as good as any other oil that meets this spec.

By the way, the MB 229.5 spec surpasses Porsche A40 spec in a number of performance areas. Both M1 0w-40 and Castrol 0w-40 meet MB 229.5 spec and are sold at Walmart for $25/5qt jug here in the US.

Walmart won't make up their mind on pricing with M1, i keep seeing different prices at my local store and hearing different prices at other peoples stores.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
M1 0w-40, Castrol 0w-40, PU Euro 5w-40, or any other oil that carries MB 229.5 approval.

+1 ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back