Isuzu NRP Diesel oil recommenation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question, I cant seem to find any info in the owners manual whether the oil should be synthetic or conventional. All it states for the 2013 Isuzu NRP is that it should contain "CJ-4" and support "DPF"

Where can I find a site that will tell me the type of oil and filter for this truck unit? Thanks

Amsoil website should be able to help. You can pick your manufacturer and engine type to get the recommendation.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Amsoil website should be able to help. You can pick your manufacturer and engine type to get the recommendation.

I appreciate the link, unfortunately it does not give any help on the Isuzu model.

Virtually any heavy duty diesel oil sold in auto parts stores, Walmarts, etc will have an API rating in the back or front label of the container, which these days will be "CJ4", at least in the US. This by definition "supports DPF".
You don't need expensive Amsoil products for this engine especially if you plan to follow the mfgs recommendation on oil changes. Save the $$ and perhaps use synthetic for the differential.

Charlie

Originally Posted By: kenpoed
Stupid question, I cant seem to find any info in the owners manual whether the oil should be synthetic or conventional. All it states for the 2013 Isuzu NRP is that it should contain "CJ-4" and support "DPF"

Where can I find a site that will tell me the type of oil and filter for this truck unit? Thanks

The book does not even mention a viscosity? That's lousy support. I can ask Amsoil if you like.

Just as a point of reference the Amsoil OE Diesel line is about $5/qt.

I have owned 3 of these npr with diesel engines. Any of the 3 big players (rotella, delo, and delvac) will b fine. I ran which ever one was cheaper.
As far as viscoity it the manuel don't show it (though its n there some where) look on the driver's sun viser. It's on the back side and it shows anything from 5w30 to 40wt and the temps that each is acceptiable. though 15w40 has almost as big of temp alowence as 10w30. You can run either with out problem.
These engines are basiclly 1/2 of a durmax engine. I ran mine hard and only did routine mantiance nothing more.

I try to stay away from the synthetic with those trucks, because of the signature oil leak that develops at the back of the cylinder heads of pretty much all of them. The synthetic just makes it worse.

Rotella T5 10/30 or the NAPA Heavy Duty "Premium" 15/40 is what I've always used, and the trucks I service are at or above 250k miles. The engines themselves are solid. The EGR valves are another story.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back