USA MotoMaster vs Canadian MotoMaster Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got back from my little trip to the USA and got a load of half price synthetic oils from WalMart along with a few filters (film at 11, and photos coming).

I noticed that the MotoMaster filters in the USA actually have Ford branding on the box as well indicating they are perhaps made by Ford, or at least recommended by them.

Back here at Cambodian Tire they also have MotoMaster brand filters, but they seem completely different. No Ford branding, the numbering scheme is completely different and I've always been under the impression this MotoMaster was the in-house brand for Cambodian Tire.

Does anyone know if they are the same filters, or if they are completely seperate and different from each other?

Sounds like they could be different by the printing clues on the box. Maybe they are made by different manufacturers, but both branded as "MotoMaster". Have you compared the two filters to see if there is any visible difference?

Are you thinking of Ford MOTORCRAFT filters?

Motomaster is a brand name for a line of Canadian tire products.
I think the filters are made by Fram.

I am shocked to find out MotoMaster is sold south of the border as it is the Canadian Tire house brand
21.gif
. I think you must be confused with Motorcraft which is Fords OEM parts branding.

Originally Posted By: CurtisB
I am shocked to find out MotoMaster is sold south of the border as it is the Canadian Tire house brand
21.gif
. I think you must be confused with Motorcraft which is Fords OEM parts branding.

+1

Originally Posted By: CurtisB
21.gif

+2

Yes, I'm sorry...I may have confused the two brands. I was gong to take a photo of the USA one but I didn't, but I fear I may have made a mistake here and confused the two names. Please disregard further on this thread. Ugg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back