2014 Volkswagen GTI 6 spd manual..your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Mykl
Have you considered a V-6 Accord with a manual gearbox? I've heard great things about those.

Currently, only the coupe version offers a V6 with manual trans. He wants a 4-door.

dammit Honda....

I have a 2007 Honda Accord 4 door V6 with a 6 speed manual. They made them for only one year.

It's a generally good car but not completely fault free. Mine pops out of first gear on long down hill runs at low speed from time to time. The first transmission popped out of first and second gear numerous times the first day and was replaced so this is an improvement. This apparently "never happens with Honda's". I'm living with it. But that's about the only problem I've had with it. So even Honda's aren't perfect, good but not perfect.

Ecotourist

Originally Posted By: ecotourist
I have a 2007 Honda Accord 4 door V6 with a 6 speed manual. They made them for only one year.

It's a generally good car but not completely fault free. Mine pops out of first gear on long down hill runs at low speed from time to time. The first transmission popped out of first and second gear numerous times the first day and was replaced so this is an improvement. This apparently "never happens with Honda's". I'm living with it. But that's about the only problem I've had with it. So even Honda's aren't perfect, good but not perfect.

Ecotourist

Correction, two years. 2006 and 2007. ;-)

I agree, I am surprised the Ford Focus isn't being considered. They are supposed to be a lot of fun to drive. I rented the base model years ago and it was quick and handled well. The sport package on a new one should be sweet. The posts on here seem to be generally positive on them too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back