valvoline filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The VO16 valvoline filter that fits GM V6 engines(Fram 3387/AC 47 replacement) appears to be a Champion Labs filter. I don't know if this is true for all Valvoline filters. I seriously doubt that Valvoline would allow their name to be put on a junk filter.

Valvoline filter are made by Champion and not sold ASAIK, they are used at their oil change shops.

-T

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
Valvoline filter are made by Champion and not sold ASAIK, they are used at their oil change shops.

-T

I was able to purchase them at AUTOBARN which is a parts chain located in Long Island NY. (T- I'm not sure what ASAIK means but I assume you mean over-the-counter.)

Sorry, should have been AFAIK(as far as I know). The only place I've seen them is at Valvoline oil change shops. A quick inspection of the base plate should tell you if it's a Champion. There was also word of a "MAX-life" filter sold in Canada that may be a Champion Labs filter.

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:
On the Valvoline and Max Life filters, which end is the bypass valve at, the bottom or the threaded end? If the bottom, I will suggest going with the Purolator-made Motorcraft filters for the threaded end bypass. Cheap too (under $3 US at Walmart)

Unfortunately unless you have a Ford or an engine that uses a Ford filter your out of luck.

quote:

Originally posted by Bill Kapaun:

quote:

Originally posted by TallPaul:

Just for kicks I am running a John Deere filter on my F150 right now. Cost $3.

AFAIK, at least "some" of those are Canadian built FRAMs

shocked.gif
banghead.gif
crushedcar.gif

Thankfully it is only on for the 1000-mile second Auto Rx treatment cycle.

quote:

Originally posted by T-Keith:
Unfortunately unless you have a Ford or an engine that uses a Ford filter your out of luck.

Got ya. I was trying to find a Motorcraft for a buddy's Dodge Stratus and the Motorcraft site only lists filters for Ford vehicles.

Hey, the extra long Puorlator Pure One (X ref FL299) has the bypass in the threaded end.

On the Valvoline and Max Life filters, which end is the bypass valve at, the bottom or the threaded end? If the bottom, I will suggest going with the Purolator-made Motorcraft filters for the threaded end bypass. Cheap too (under $3 US at Walmart).

Just for kicks I am running a John Deere filter on my F150 right now. Cost $3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back