My next OCI strategy with M1 EP 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had been going 10k on PP or M1 in my CR-V, which was only about 2.5 months on average due to lots of business travel.
In 2013, I only drove 6,600 miles due to a horrible job change that I've now changed out again from.
I probably will average 500-600 miles a week now.

I'm currently at 187,110 miles and didn't want to do a ridiculous 2900 mile OCI with MC just to get back to 190k. SO, I'm gonna push M1 EP 5w20 13k all the way to 200k overall, and yes, I'll treat you all with only my second UOA ever once completed to see how it looks. Engine doesn't burn anything at all so this will be an accurate test/report.

I'm betting the UOA looks good and the oil could have gone farther. 5-600 miles a week is still relatively easy on the oil and M1 already says EP is good for 15k. I'll "stay tuned".

With the change in driving to more normal mileage of 500 - 600 miles per week, why not split the difference and do two LOF changes to start fresh with a new OCI at 200K?

Your next change could be at 193,550 with 6,445 miles on the oil and then go another 6,445 that takes you to 200,000.

Or you can just do 5K on the next OCI and then about 7,890 on the subsequent one to get you to 200K.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
I'm betting the UOA looks good and the oil could have gone farther. 5-600 miles a week is still relatively easy on the oil and M1 already says EP is good for 15k. I'll "stay tuned".

Mostly what was already posted, though I'm guessing that it will also show that the oil had all of its life squeezed out of it which is really the whole point isn't it?

Originally Posted By: Deamos
Originally Posted By: bigt61

Mostly what was already posted, though I'm guessing that it will also show that the oil had all of its life squeezed out of it which is really the whole point isn't it?

Exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back