Motorcraft FL-910S cut open - 5,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a Motorcraft FL-910s filter that I cut open. The filter is off a 2009 Ford Escape 4 cylinder that is owned by a friend of the family. I started doing the oil changes for her after we realized the quick-lube place had failed to change the filter. The vehicle sees mostly short trips around town. This OCI was 5,000 miles with Motorcraft 5w20 semi-synthetic.

photo_4.jpg

photo_4_1.jpg

photo_3_1.jpg

photo_1_1.jpg

photo_2_1.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

The filter looks pretty good for this OCI, and since they are $3.97 I will keep using them. The fill that went in this vehicle was PYB 5w20 and the same filter.
thumbsup2.gif

Another good showing for Motorcraft. I've run those on my son's Chrysler as well, cut one looked great as well. No loose endcaps on this one?

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

<3 Motorcraft filters! So you welded this filter back together? That's some skiilz right there.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
The filter looks pretty good for this OCI, and since they are $3.97 I will keep using them.

Life is unfair. I think the least I've ever paid for a Motorcraft filter was over $5 (and that was an anomaly, likely a kind counter person), and that was over twenty years ago. On the plus side, they have not kept up with inflation.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Another good showing for Motorcraft. I've run those on my son's Chrysler as well, cut one looked great as well. No loose endcaps on this one?

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

This filter was pretty solid. I even pulled on the end caps a bit after taking the pics and they didn't budge.
thumbsup2.gif

I have another one of these that is currently on a John Deere garden tractor with a 25hp Kohler twin. I'll cut that one when it comes time to change it.

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
So you welded this filter back together? That's some skiilz right there.

Haha, if only that was the case. I could probably use that filter for another 5k miles!

I probably should venture with a hacksaw once I take off my 400S after this 7500 OCI. Gotta love that Motorcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back