Are Monroe shocks any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: slowdime

Excellent point taken. There's nothing I hate more than getting a cheapie part and hating it from day 1. Buyers remorse sucks and I've never had remorse over a quality part. I baby my truck and do what I can within my budget to maintain it well.
I know a guy who runs an online parts business. In the past he's mostly dealt in performance aftermarket stuff for full size trucks. I was just talking to him and apparently his distributor has given him the opportunity to take over a large share of their oe parts distribution. He told me he could get me stuff at cost! So once he gets everything squared away I'm going to look into getting some good shocks along with some bed rail caps and fender flares. Sweeet

You obviously like your S10 and plan to keep it a while, so why not just get a set of Bilstein HDs? You can find them all day for under $70 each- and your buddy can probably beat that price. You won't ever need to buy shocks again.

Sensa-trac and Reflex shocks are okay. I would avoid the other ones Monroe makes.

ACDelco is sometimes the OEM shock, other times it is their name written on some other brand of shock. I guess if you could read the parts number and give it to some GM parts expert, you would know what you are getting.

Anybody sell Sachs shocks for your truck? Often Sachs shocks aren't too much more expensive than Monroe or KYB, but they do last longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back