Total Ceran - Calcium sulfonate grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I found 0.4kg cartridges of Total Ceran WX2. The price is good too,
My question is, does anybody has experience with this grease?
It is Calcium sulfonate complex grease. with base oil viscosity of ISO 180
Unfortunately I don't know how good it will perform in low temperature.
Toatal says that is calcium sulfonate but when you look at Total Ceran Xm series they say - new generation calcuim sulfonate. And for new generation they give some low temerature ASTM tests. As expected they are not as good as any Lithium grease.
Any experience or advices are appreciated.

Regards,
Miro

Nice score, Congrats!

You must be thinking of WR2 and not WX2....?!?
WR2 is usually fairly expensive, something like 7 - 10 € per cartridge.
My experience with ceran wr2 is that pumpability is not good in especially cold weather. In -10 deg.C I had no problems applying grease - I just had to work a bit harder

I think Ceran is gaining popularity in almost any business. Use it with confidence!
Keep in mind that calcium sulfonate is not necessarily compatible with your old grease.

Thank you very much.
I will order cartridges Ceran WR2. They are 5 euro each. Only think that it makes me a little bit worry is that on cartridges is written datum 08/2009…. 03/2010
I used mobil products up until now. They are Li complex and I will keep in mind that I have to purgeand clean the old one. Even if theoretical seen LiComplex must be ( compatible/border compatible) with Ca sulfonate.
Best Regards
Miro

What do you want to use it for? With a mineral base oil of 180 cst I would not expect it to excel in cold temperatures.

Originally Posted By: supercity
What do you want to use it for? With a mineral base oil of 180 cst I would not expect it to excel in cold temperatures.

Hi I bought some cartridges and I’m happy with them. I’ve used them for my bicycles up until now.
In general the old generation Calcium sulfonate greases are not good in cold temperature. The new generation tame this problem somehow. Using synthetic base oil will not make any wonder. Remember – while AL or Li greases have 5..12% thickener the Calcium sulfonate greases contains 20..50%

regards,
Miro

I've just made one mixture for my bicycle chain wax.
2/3 Parafine
1/3 Total Ceran
MIxed at T=100C and tiny 30cc medical injection.

Up until now I used the same mixure but with Li MOS grease. It waas working good but it was messy and difficult to find dirt's from dark wax.

The time will tell how good/ bad is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back