Where can I find Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know where I can find Pennzoil Ultra? I've looked almost everywhere and everybody has Platinum all day long but can't find Ultra anywhere.

The only place I haven't checked is Autozone so I'll try there this weekend.

I checked Advance earlier this week and they told me that Ultra is now Platinum and the only Ultra is the Euro Blend. Is there any truth to that? Pennzoil's website still shows the full range of Ultra in 5w-30, 10w-30, etc.

I'm in Middle TN if that makes a difference.

Originally Posted By: Mossyoakglock
Does anybody know where I can find Pennzoil Ultra?

Recently my local Walmart had Ultra 5w-30 in stock, but I know this varies by region.

Quote:
I checked Advance earlier this week and they told me that Ultra is now Platinum and the only Ultra is the Euro Blend.

Not quite. Check the sticky thread on this subject at the top of this forum with info provided directly from SOPUS.

AutoZone should have it. $9.59 per quart though; I don't remember how much the jugs are.

Most of the Walmarts near me have the 5-quart jugs, but I know in a lot of regions Walmart doesn't stock it anymore.

Have you tried your local Pep Boys?

Also you could search for a local Pennzoil distributor.

PM me if you want a website of distributor in your area and you could contact them and maybe save some money in the process when buying PU over a retailer.

I looked at my local Walmart and they didnt have it. I have yet to call around to see if its elsewhere.

Walmart did have the platinum Plus though....

We don't have any Pep Boys near me. There is one near my sister's house so I can always check there next time I'm up that way.

I'll need to check Autozone tomorrow and one other Wal-Mart near me. The one I went to the other day didn't have any but they could have been out of stock and just hadn't restocked.

If I can't find Ultra, is Quaker State UD a good choice? Does it compare more closely with PP or PU? I'm switching from Castrol Edge and running a Pureone filter.

Last edited:
go to walmart.com... put Pennzoil Ultra 5w-30 in the search string.... scroll thru the list of oils displayed and select the one you want.... click on 'check more stores' button and enter a zip code for your area....

Should bring up a list of walmarts within 50 miles and an alleged store stocking level. If it says available as soon as today their inventory system thinks the store listed has some in stock. Call the store 1st before making a run.

Last edited:
You guys are not giving him the best advise. When you can't find a product, always look up where the Shell distributors are:

I also happen to be in the Nashville area. There is a local distributor outside of Nashville (actually Goodlettsville, TN) named Hollingsworth. They carry a case of 6 for $40. Also have 3 - 5 liter containers for $112. Expensive, I know. However, if price doesn't matter, you Have to try it and you run it out the full 10,000+ miles, it's not so bad.

I happened to find Ultra in 5W20 around here at WalMart at a cheaper price than the distributor price. Only 1 in 5 WalMarts around me had 5W20 Ultra I was looking for. If you play around with the WalMart online web site store locater, you can find out which stores have it in stock.

BestF100, which Wal-Mart did you find the Ultra at?

If they have the 5w-20 they might have the 5w-30

As has been noted earlier, even if your local Walmart doesn't have it in stock, you can typically order it from Walmart.com and pick it up in store in a day or two. Is this not an option in your case?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
BestF100, which Wal-Mart did you find the Ultra at?

If they have the 5w-20 they might have the 5w-30

As has been noted earlier, even if your local Walmart doesn't have it in stock, you can typically order it from Walmart.com and pick it up in store in a day or two. Is this not an option in your case?

The 5w-30 is out of stock online. Not available.

Op

You asked how qsud compares and whether it's closer to pp or ultra.
Qsud and pp are very similar whereas ultra is their flagship product which is meant to compete with m1 ep and the super extended drain intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back