Archoil products

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
less friction =less heat..not hard to understand. make sense to me..thats all I care about.i just noticed a difference in engine smell and touch.after a long run.

You obviously have no clue how a modern internal combustion engine operates. How can you be sure that the breakfast that you ate wasn't the difference? ROTFLMAO

engine friction creates heat reduce the friction get less heat and your engine will last longer..i recommend you go back to your homemaking and leave the cars and engines to the men!!!lol

Wow, OK, so engine friction produces the heat in the engine. I never knew that, I always thought it was the combustion of the gasoline that did it. Interesting.

But you still haven't answered my question. How does the oil additive affect the regulating temperature of the thermostat?

So if an engine operated at room temperature, imagine how long it would last.

engine friction creates heat reduce the friction get less heat and your engine will last longer..i recommend you go back to your homemaking and leave the cars and engines to the men!!!lol

kschachn and simple_simon, how long have you been using this product, since you seem to know so much about it?

Not quite. Too cool and the oil doesn't get its additive package activated,too hot is also bad.
I would like to know what you think is perfect though.

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
kschachn and simple_simon, how long have you been using this product, since you seem to know so much about it?

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Explain how the additive to the oil affected the regulation temperature of the thermostat.

Your answer is.........?

My comments weren't about the product, they were about the claim by a user.

Once that user can explain how the product supposedly lowered his engine operating temperature I will stop asking.

No one ever answers the questions, just continues personal attacks.

Originally Posted By: jonny-b

engine friction creates heat reduce the friction get less heat and your engine will last longer..

True enough, but the major heat problem in an automobile engine is from combustion. If there was no combustion heat, you could dispense with the pressure oil supply system.

Whatever you add to your oil to reduce heat might also make the engine last longer in and of itself and regardless of the heat issue.

I always noticed being around the engine a lot and by touch on top of the heads it was burning hot!! since I been using ar9100. I was able to put my hand on the heads I was able to leave it there and it was just warm. that is a change I noticed in all my vehicles,also all my vehicles run with very little effort!! mpg is now 23mpg highway and city use to be 20. this is in my Lincoln conti. I know none of this is scientific but I thought it was something to mention.dave, I realize that but my goal is to reduce engine heat friction for longevity.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kschachn
So if an engine operated at room temperature, imagine how long it would last.

Yup. Just put a very cold thermostat into your engine so that it never reaches proper operating temperature and it will last forever. boxcartommie22 should patent that idea.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Not quite. Too cool and the oil doesn't get its additive package activated,too hot is also bad.

Perfection. That unattainable goal. But it would seem that Archies Oil has attained it.

P.T. Barnum must be chuckling about now.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: Clevy

Perfection. That unattainable goal. But it would seem that Archies Oil has attained it.

P.T. Barnum must be chuckling about now.

Too funny.

If friction equals heat, then I would really like to hear how it is that this "miracle additive" reduces friction SO MUCH that you are seeing an actual reduction in running temp?

I had EVERY SINGLE internal component of my motor (along with the transmission guts, and parts of the LSD) treated with WPC, with the provided 3rd party testing showing between 22.8 and 34.11 percent reduction in friction, but despite this GENUINE, PROVEN method, I run at the same temperature as ever?

Did I pick up a decent bit of power from the reduction in parasitic losses? You bet!
Does my thermostat read ANYTHING but the exactproper tempera ture once warmed up? (have a pair of 4-point temp sensors, one for water and one for oil, readout on a pair of LCD gauges independent of the car's own sensors, and accurate to 0.05F)...

NO!

This thread is getting to be nothing but pseudo pseudo-science...

Originally Posted By: nleksan
If friction equals heat, then I would really like to hear how it is that this "miracle additive" reduces friction SO MUCH that you are seeing an actual reduction in running temp?

I had EVERY SINGLE internal component of my motor (along with the transmission guts, and parts of the LSD) treated with WPC, with the provided 3rd party testing showing between 22.8 and 34.11 percent reduction in friction, but despite this GENUINE, PROVEN method, I run at the same temperature as ever?

Did I pick up a decent bit of power from the reduction in parasitic losses? You bet!
Does my thermostat read ANYTHING but the exactproper tempera ture once warmed up? (have a pair of 4-point temp sensors, one for water and one for oil, readout on a pair of LCD gauges independent of the car's own sensors, and accurate to 0.05F)...

NO!

I agree. Temps won't go down because the engine is thermostatically controlled to operate at that temp however it may take longer to achieve that operating temp.
Less drag equals less parasitic loss equal less energy to spin the engine with no load means less fuel consumption.

Your right. Without some before and after mpg figures tracked over multiple thousands of miles(like I did with mos2) then this whole thread is basically drivel.

If someone is actually gonna try this stuff PLUUUUHEEEEEEEEESE track a few thousand miles of fuel consumption then add this stuff at oil change time,using the same oil and filter as the previous sump fill to reduce and potential inconsistencies and then track mileages after treatment.
We can all agree that if friction is reduced fuel economy will increase so we can use that data to infer if the stuff does reduce friction.

I'm sticking with ceratec until someone does like I did last year and put 10000 miles into actual honest testing.

Supportable data that can be repeated would be nice.

Last edited:
i believe a reduction of heat at the point of friction.that is what i am aiming for..wouldn't make parts last longer? i feel, this additive ar 9100, has done that. purely my opinion.

Last edited:

NO!

100% correct. Logic and reason will always win out in the end.

Hopefully this will put an end to "testimonies" like this one that only makes what might be a legitimate additive look like ridiculous snake oil:
I always noticed being around the engine a lot and by touch on top of the heads it was burning hot!! since I been using ar9100. I was able to put my hand on the heads I was able to leave it there and it was just warm. that is a change I noticed in all my vehicles,also all my vehicles run with very little effort!! mpg is now 23mpg highway and city use to be 20.

Last edited:
Testimonies will always be here so long as people don't demand more.

Everyone has opinions. Nothing wrong with that. But not everyone can back them up with supportable/repeatable data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back