Savage FCP-K in .308

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
There's another "good deal" at the local gun shop. ARG! It's a Savage FCP-K in .308 with the same scope I already have (Bushnell Elite 6500 M-Fine). Also comes with the Caldwell bipod...etc. Similar setup to my .223 except no strap and it is black not digital camo.

Gun is gorgeous and in mint condition. Same price as my .223, $1195.00.

I did some googling and found absolutely stellar reviews for it. Looks like it compares well to the Remington 700 5R Milspec I was considering.......

This is not a picture of the actual gun, but gives an idea as to what it looks like:

FCP-K_6.jpg

Anybody have experience with this rifle that goes against what the reviews have said? As the reviews make it seem like I'd be stupid not to pick it up
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Looks nice! I think your collection needs a .308... Don't you?

Yup, and the wife isn't even all that resistant to the purchase! I think she's just sort of given up at this point, LOL! I told her the calibres I wanted and .308 was one of them
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: Astro14
Looks nice! I think your collection needs a .308... Don't you?

Yup, and the wife isn't even all that resistant to the purchase! I think she's just sort of given up at this point, LOL! I told her the calibres I wanted and .308 was one of them
wink.gif

She's a keeper, just like mine. Nice rifle choice too.
smile.gif

Excellent rifle bro. What's real nice with the 308 is the barrel life is stout and that is with keeping tight groups.

I use a Savage 10 FCP-SR for sniper duties and it's absolutely impressed me. They look pretty similar. Accutrigger is fantastic and the stock is decent. This thing gives me 1/2 MOA at 100yds if I do my part.

Picked it up two hours ago, will post pics shortly. Scope is actually different than on the .223, same series, different model. This one is a 65-4305M (.223 has a 65-2165M). This one has 30x zoom.

They had the gun listed as a PC (Precision Carbine) rather than what it is, which is the FCP-K. Not sure if that was just an oversight or?
21.gif

Doesn't matter now though
wink.gif
LOL!

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Nice rifle and love that scope!

Yeah, I'm loving the scope too, really like this Bushnell series. Was extremely impressed with the one on the .223 on Saturday
smile.gif

Yeah, I'm loving the scope too, really like this Bushnell series. Was extremely impressed with the one on the .223 on Saturday
smile.gif

Sweeeet! Based on the scope model number, this one is a 4-30X and the one on your .223 is a 2-16X. I'm I right?
grin.gif

I bet that .308 with a 30X scope can reach out there.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

smile.gif

Sweeeet! Based on the scope model number, this one is a 4-30X and the one on your .223 is a 2-16X. I'm I right?
grin.gif

I bet that .308 with a 30X scope can reach out there.

Exactly right!

We will certainly find out, can't wait to take this thing shooting
grin.gif

wink.gif

Wait until she starts her collection of shoes & handbags ......
you won't have a leg to stand on.
35.gif

LOL! She's not too bad on the shoes/handbag front. Though she did just ask me to get her a new laptop
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
In the late 50's-early 60's you used to be able to go to Woolworths and buy all the M1s & SMLEs you wanted for $15.00 each.
I gave then away as fast as I bought them and I wish I would have kept an extra M1 and SMLE jungle carbine (they were $25.00) ....

Are you talking about M1 carbines or M1 Garands?

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
carbine
I had one of those, with the 18.5 inch barrel so it wasn't in the restricted class. I shot it alot, ammo was cheap then. Hardly any recoil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back