Which oil filter for 2014 Jeep Cherokee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only is the 2014 Cherokee a brand new vehicle but it looks like Chrysler has decided to use a brand new filter for the 3.2L( same filter for 2014 3.6L as well - different from 2013 and earlier ). Obviously that leaves me with limited filter choices. All I have found so far are the following...

OEM MOPAR = 68191349AA
Aftermarket MOPAR = M0-349
Wix = WL10010
Purolator Classic = L36296
Fram = CH11665
Champ/LuberFiner = P1009

Fram and Champ/LuberFiner are out. I am torn on the other options. I have always run premium filters like K&N, RP, M1, etc... and having to go back to a regular filter stinks. It is what it is for now though. Before anyone feels the need to lecture me, yes, I know a regular filter will do the job. I just like what I like.

I am thinking of the options that the Wix filter may be the best of the bunch. Which would you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of that list, I have no experience of anything MOPAR. Id go with Wix. Which are US made? I picked up a FRAM Ultra the other day, its great to read "Made in the USA". Voting with dollars is powerful.

Originally Posted By: Kira
"Voting with dollars is powerful." It's darn near the only vote you got, really. Kira

Its good that others see this too, as far as im concerned, scratch the 'darn near' lol

We really need to see how powerful it can be.

Mopar OEM filters have been transitioning to rebranded Wix for the last several years, so I would go there first if you don't buy OEM. I'm sure the Puro will be every bit as good. I believe all those filters are made in South Korea.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Not only is the 2014 Cherokee a brand new vehicle but it looks like Chrysler has decided to use a brand new filter for the 3.2L( same filter for 2014 3.6L as well - different from 2013 and earlier ). Obviously that leaves me with limited filter choices. All I have found so far are the following...

OEM MOPAR = 68191349AA
Aftermarket MOPAR = M0-349
Wix = WL10010
Purolator Classic = L36296
Fram = CH11665
Champ/LuberFiner = P1009

Fram and Champ/LuberFiner are out. I am torn on the other options. I have always run premium filters like K&N, RP, M1, etc... and having to go back to a regular filter stinks. It is what it is for now though. Before anyone feels the need to lecture me, yes, I know a regular filter will do the job. I just like what I like.

I am thinking of the options that the Wix filter may be the best of the bunch. Which would you use?

A regular filter will do the job.

Cartridge filter right? I've been very satisfied with the Wix cartridge filters I've been using in the one vehicle we have that takes them.

Originally Posted By: yonyon
Being cheap, I'd just grab a Napa 100010 for $5.39.

That's not the #. Napa doesn't have this filter yet( listed anyway ).

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Cartridge filter right? I've been very satisfied with the Wix cartridge filters I've been using in the one vehicle we have that takes them.

Yes. It is a cartridge style. Thanks.

I would use the OEM Mopar at least until there is some experience with the aftermarket choices.

A quick google and some reading on the Jeep boards seems to indicate this filter change was to address the engine noise some folks have reported, at least that is the supposition FWIW.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: yonyon
Being cheap, I'd just grab a Napa 100010 for $5.39.

That's not the #. Napa doesn't have this filter yet( listed anyway ).

Originally Posted By: Wix web site
Part Number: WL10010
UPC Number: 765809226210
Principle Application: Chrysler,Dodge, Jeep, Ram (14)
Applications
Style: Cartridge Lube Metal Free Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 6.125
Outer Diameter Top: 1.98
Outer Diameter Bottom: 1.984
Inside Diameter Top: 0.75
Inside Diameter Bottom: 0.911
And for the 100010:
Originally Posted By: Napa catalog
Filter I.D. (inches): .75"
Filter O.D. (inches): 1.98"
Height (inches): 6.125"
Style: Cartridge Lube Filter
Filter I.D. (mm) 19 mm
Filter O.D. (mm): 50 mm
Height (mm) 156 mm

It may not be listed but it's on the shelf and it'll fit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back