BG Products MOA oil Additive VOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While those high numbers look good, could they actually be a detriment to the engine or oil?

Most oils have certain formulations for a reason.

Could this be a case of more does not mean it is better?

Originally Posted By: ZZman
While those high numbers look good, could they actually be a detriment to the engine or oil?

The calcium seems a bit high relative to the ZDDP level.

I would expect calcium to be 2 to 2.5 times the phosphorus level, not 5 times higher. In that aspect it is reminiscent of GM EOS.

The Red Line Break-In additive might be a better motor oil supplement and cheaper on a per ounce basis.

Yes, you need to be careful not to overdo it. Excessive ZDDP will lead to a number of very bad outcomes.

The BG MOA should go in when the package is nearly or partially depleted, not at the beginning. High % overbase DP right at the get-go is not helpful.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
just my opinion of course...lubecontrol is good have to admit but i really like whats in the bg moa additive package adn its a very strong anti-oxidant..i really like the high tbn of this product

If you are referring to LCD's LC20, that is an engine cleaner and antioxidant.

With the amount of Calcium and Sodium in this BG additive, it should have a high TBN.

The one element I see here that may be advantageous is the Antimony. The only other additive with Antimony I am aware of is the RLI's booster:

RLI Oil Booster

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
The one element I see here that may be advantageous is the Antimony. The only other additive with Antimony I am aware of is the RLI's booster:

RLI Oil Booster

Which other fully formulated engine oils, besides RLI, (IF any) use a significant amount of antimony??
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back