Kohler latest and greatest? ehhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

I got a new toy last week, an oil filter cutter/opener. I dug through our junk oil filter can and this is one of the ones I wanted to see. Kinda looks fram ocod-ish but with the plastic inner cage, any ideas?..I have briggs/kohler/kubota/lombardini/generac oem filters to cut open, plus a bunch of aftermarket crosses that we use in place of the oem filters... will be putting pics if ya wanna see....

Last edited:
Although i am not a fan of the e-core design, the filter looks like it held up very well to whatever OCI this was. You have nice even pleats and no signs of media puncture. The fiber endcaps are proven and held up well.

I can't stand ecores either but this one looks great.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

On my command a use a 3614 size filter. Solved my noisy lifter issue on a hot day.

Yep the OCOD PH3614's and other crosses are the exact filters we use on all of the briggs vanguards and kohler commands we use and service with no issues......working on pics of some of those right now
smile.gif

Last edited:
To be honest I have no idea....no hour meter ...engine was a new 25 hp command pro on a new pressure washer about 4 months old...WOT all the time...I would guess maybe 100 hours or so at the most....that was the original oil filter on factory fill oil.......

Last edited:
Ecore, it does appear to have held up fine. Unlike this yellow Kohler filter, I cut open the black OE Kohler on my Ariens and it was sturdily built. Metal end caps, separate dome bypass and coil retainer spring, made in India. Too expensive as a replacement though, went with Napa Gold(Wix) 1348 on a sale at local Napa.

I think for OPE, any filter and pressurized oil is better than splash lubrication.

I cut open the filter on my snow cat that appears to have some rust through spots on the can and the inside filter looked average, no wavy pleats, no holes or tears in the media. Who know how many hours of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back