Millers Nanodrive EE Longlife C3 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever reason I hadn't paid much attention to this oil before. Looks to be a very stout oil and could provide outstanding shear resistance while meeting many OEM approvals. Unknown HTHS, and I've sent an email to ask. It must be 3.5+.

It is from their new Nanodrive/Nano Technology line.

http://www.millersoils.co.uk/automotive/tds-automotive.asp?prodsegmentID=987&sector=Car

ACEA: C3-10, A3 / B4-04
API: SN, CF
BMW: Longlife 04
Mercedes- Benz: 229.51
GM/ Opel: dexos2
Renault: RN0700
VW: 502 00, 505 00

SAE Viscosity 5w30
Specific Gravity (at 15°C) 0.850
Kinematic Viscosity (at 100°C, cSt) 10.9
Kinematic Viscosity (at 40°C, cSt) 65
Viscosity Index 160
Pour Point (°C) Flash Point (°C) >200
Cold Crank Viscosity (cP) 6,600

Given the A3/B4 and VW 502 it must have an HTHS of 3.5 or greater correct?

Originally Posted By: tstep
Given the A3/B4 and VW 502 it must have an HTHS of 3.5 or greater correct?

Correct.

The only oil I had interest in was their classic car oil, but I lost interest because they came in "normal" oil bottles. Not cans like Coma and Castrol. Check out a British company named CarLube. They used to be the recommended brand for Lotus. Or shall I say the lowest bidder for Lotus.

Does anyone in the U.S. sell their Long Life Engine oils?

I'm Looking for the C3 line.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Millers Oils look interesting, but where are they available in the US? How much do they cost?

Here's their official US importer:
http://www.performanceracingoils.com/

(there's also a link to other resellers in NAM)

That company's principal/part owner is on here sometimes in the additive section.

His username is 67King.

The VI is low because they add NO VIIs what so ever to their oils (I don't even think it is in the 'carrier oil').
wink.gif

Even with it's low 160 VI I wouldn't assume it's immune to shear.
I think I'd prefer the cheaper BMW 5W-30, GC and of course M1 0W-40.

Below is a UOA of their premium priced CFS 5W-40 NT:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3052514/1
It sheared 20%.

Millers is a small UK blender that puts together some decent oil but it's very expensive at least on this side of the Atlantic.

I estimated the shear stability based on how we've done it before on this site: HTHS / Dynamic Viscosity @ 150C. You can also get a vague feel for shear stability by looking at the KV values as opposed to the HTHS. In this case, you have KV values of 65 & 10.9 for an oil with HTHS of 3.5 or higher. That's remarkable. The only two oils I've ever seen even come close to that are RLI 0w30, Red Line 5w30, and Motul 300V Ester Core 5w30.

Using that predictor of shear stability, Mobil's 0W-50 race oil with it's KV100 of 17.2cSt and low 3.8cP HTHSV should be quite shear prone.
I have no ideal how shear prone it actually is but Mobil claims it has "outstanding shear stability".

If it wasn't so expensive it's an oil I'd like to use for blending purposes due to it's very high AW additive levels and high VI.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
If it wasn't so expensive it's an oil I'd like to use for blending purposes due to it's very high AW additive levels and high VI.

For track use in the open wheeler only, correct?? (Since this product has little to no detergent/dispersant additives.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back