Calipers and brackets - matched parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
My BMW has a caliper (single piston) that mounts to a bracket that mounts to the suspension.

Per my AAP frustration thread, they sent me one caliper without the bracket. So... today its nice, tomorrow and the rest of the week not so much. Next few weekends packed, who knows how cold it will be, etc.

So, question is, if they will swap it out as a defect, can I just install the current caliper, and then get the bracket tomorrow and install that and then put it all together?

Or is the bracket matched to the caliper in some way in the casting?

I have all new pins, boots, etc. So is a girling caliper and bracket a girling caliper and bracket? The threads are what they are, Id assume, and so it will all align and I can mix and match, no?

0F364847-05A2-4D90-AC31-17A56AEB6556-12923-00000A97C40D6B77_zps142e6cb6.jpg

These are machined, cast parts that meet very strict guidelines. Therefore, I feel that if a bracket from one, should fit the other and vise versa.

Jeff

Why even replace the bracket? But mix and match should be no problem.

Now if you were into a situation like my Jeep were the same year could use a Teeves or Akebono caliper, they were very different, different pads, bolts, etc., then you could not mix and match brackets.

They're painted silver
smile.gif

Barely have time to do this job as it is... Between faulty orders, missing parts, seized screws, etc., I'm like nearly 10 hours invested and not done yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back