Anybody use Pennzoil Long Life Gold 15w-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear a lot about Rotella, Delvac and Delo 400 but never anything about Pennzoil's diesel oil.

Johnny had told me it was a pretty good oil i was looking at it few weeks back my wm had it for $10 or under on close out,never bought any tho.

never seen any reports on the stuff tho so dunno how well it's loaded,search the site.

I used rotella for the first 150K miles, then ran LL gold for about 50K in my 5.9 Dodge cummins. Slightly less consumption on LL, but it always bothered me that it would take 1500 miles or more to look dirty, where the rotella looked like [censored] at 750 or 1000. I assumed that the faster it looked bad, the better it was carrying nasties out of the engine. Same cheap Fram filter since birth. Truck still runs great at 260K.

This oil is really hard to find in my area... I was hoping Pennzoil would produce a 5W-40 Syn before now. I would for sure give it a try. Until then I will stick with RTS 5W-40.

Have had excellent experience using Pennzoil Long life 15W-40 for many years. We have used in in many GM Duramax engines up to over 275,000 miles. It does turn black after about 100 or so miles so the detergent elements are working. Had to replace some injectors on the 2001 at over 200,000 miles and no sludge. Changed oil and filer at 5000 miles.

I don't believe you will ever see a 5W-40 synthetic in the Pennzoil line of diesel oils. Shell has reserved that for the Rotella brand. Pennzoil was working on a synthetic diesel oil just before Shell bought them.

Originally Posted By: JR
I was wonder were this oil is available?

Ken

It is no longer available , SOPUS now recommends Rotella in the U.S. or Rimula in other markets.

Originally Posted By: JR
I was wonder were this oil is available?

Ken

I've seen dusty bottles at AAP, but I really don't think its anything other than repackaged Rotella.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back