Physicians blend hgh extreme dietary supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys.
So my girl just handed me a bottle of this stuff. Apparently her 75+ year old father has been taking it. I went to their website and it was your basic blather but what caught my eye is the stuff contains 10% ethanol.
Isn't ethanol toxic to humans? Can anyone tell me what this stuff is and what it is supposed to do,and will it do harm to a senior citizen.
I already told my girl the ethanol content scares me but I wanted to ask here in the forum because the membership may have something to add or may know something about this stuff.
I just want to know if her dad should actually be taking this stuff or what.

Thank you

Well it's made from corn but the corn they use isn't edible. Unlike other alcohols that are made from edible foods. Did the dr. recommend it or something? I would think 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day would be better along with 8 cups of h2o.

My grandma would put 10 gin soaked raisins on her cereal every morning. Lived till she was 96 and always in a good mood.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bepperb
The problem isn't the ethanol it's the 10% content. Too much for a pilsner glass but not enough for a tumbler.

Ha. Awesome.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Well it's made from corn but the corn they use isn't edible. Unlike other alcohols that are made from edible foods. Did the dr. recommend it or something? I would think 5 servings of fruits and veggies per day would be better along with 8 cups of h2o.

My grandma would put 10 gin soaked raisins on her cereal every morning. Lived till she was 96 and always in a good mood.

I agree that a balanced diet would be superior. I don't know that a doctor did recommend or even would recommend this stuff.

Thanks for the feedback guys

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Isn't ethanol toxic to humans? Can anyone tell me what this stuff is and what it is supposed to do,and will it do harm to a senior citizen.

Thank you

You do know ethanol is the alcohol used in many tasty libations?
it would take a lot to be toxic at 10%.

His primary care physician should be consulted soonest if he wants to continue his regimen. Take the complete ingredients list to the consulatation.

Depending on medications he may be taking, this supplement may or may not be a good idea. This supplement in the US is considered homeopathic and is not regulated by the FDA, nor have any of the wellness claims been validated.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

Thank you

K. So I mixed up ethanol and methanol then. Its methanol that's toxic then.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

I make no such claims due to lack of knowledge, however I do hear it regularly repeated that alcohol in small quantities has health benefits.

There are an amazing number of studies and observations that do show near miraculous qualities of very moderate alcohol consumption.

an alcohol and health website

Originally Posted By: spasm3

Thank you

K. So I mixed up ethanol and methanol then. Its methanol that's toxic then.

Thanks for clarifying for me.

No problem, methanol is poisionous, and can cause blindness.
I would not want him taking a supplement like that without realizing it. Can you imagine him taking two servings and possibly driving? Just make sure he knows whats in it.

As someone who probably knows too much about alcohol,10% of what.. is my question.If I were to have a margarita with 10%,I wouldn't even notice.A older fella with health problems no ...not good.

Ok I just looked at the dose. 5 Sprays under the tongue for a week ,then 3 sprays 2-3 times daily ,skip one day of the week.

Any kind of overdose is extremely unlikely at least.

"Extreme dietary supplement"? That sounds rather dubious, and like it might be targeted at people doing the Ironman or something of that calibre. Whatever happened to a good old multivitamin?

Ethanol is the main ingredient in booze. Yes, it is toxic, but only in massive quantities. I enjoy it in moderation.

Quote:
Physicians blend

Hmm, wonder how much is GroupII and how much is Group IV and V?
grin.gif

Perhaps if it was:
'Physicians blend high extreme Super Dooper dietary supplement'

It would be even better!

Really, to me, a name like that would start the alarm bells ringing, AND looking at the ingredient list, AND consulting someone who knows what, and what not, I should be putting in my body.

I LOVE ALCOHOL!

Ok, if you've ever seen the series Quick Draw on Hulu you'll get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back