Oil recommendation for 2013 Scion TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Y'all,
I'd like to hear your oil recommendations for my 2013 Scion TC.
I bought it new in Oct of 2012, now has about 28,000 miles with no issues, gets 31mpg.
It came with synthetic oil, manual says SAE 0W-20 ILSAC multigrade engine oil.
Factory OCI is 10,000 which is what its had up to now with first 2 oil changes free from the dealer.
I'm in Richmond VA, winters are not too bad here.
My daily commute is 26 miles each way, mostly highway, 70mph.
I normally use Wix filters in all my vehicles.

Thanks, Ron

TGMO? That is what I plan on using in my Toyotas, under similar driving. I did have a 10% off coupon a while back, am waiting to see if I gat another.

Any 0w-20 will do. The Toyota branded stuff is pretty good if easily acquired and would be my first choice.
If unavailable M1 0w-20 has be showing stellar in the used oil analysis I've seen lately. It can easily run 10000 miles and for 25 a jug it's a tough act to follow.
I really like pennzoil ultra however they don't make it in 0w-20.
Qsud is pretty good as well and can usually be found on sale somewhere. It's able to run out to 10000 miles too.
Because of the 0w-20 spec you're going to find that they are all quality products and any should do the truck for you.

Thanks for the replies,,,
Toyota dealer has TMGO 0W20 for $7.99/qt.
Wally World has M1 0W20 for $25.17/5 qt jug.

Is the TMGO that much better?
Thanks

I would have the Toyota dealership do the oil change. The local dealership does the service on the wife's Camry. They use TGMO from bulk and it is $29.95 and they do all the work.

Originally Posted By: DY101
Thanks for the replies,,,
Toyota dealer has TMGO 0W20 for $7.99/qt.
Wally World has M1 0W20 for $25.17/5 qt jug.

Is the TMGO that much better?
Thanks

The Mobil made TGMO is lighter than M1 0W-20 particularly on start-up. You will get somewhat better gas mileage with TGMO which should negate the price difference.
TGMO 0W-20 is also being supplied in bulk to Toyota dealers so you may be able to negotiate a lower price to have them fill up some 5qt jugs for you. I know some members have got a super deal doing just that.

I picked up 5 qts of TGMO at the dealer. They wanted $65 for oil change. I have a lift at home so easy to do it myself.
I did ask parts man about filling a 5 qt jug from their bulk, as first he looked at me like I crazy, then said same price per qt.
Such a deal !
Thanks all !!

Wow, it costs me $52 for my MR2 (full syn) in AVL and there is only one Toyota place around. (MR2's bottom panels are a PITA to remove so unless I am feeling like a lot of work, I take it in).

I am from RVA, which dealership? Haley, Prioity, McG's or Mechanicsville? I would call around and see which would give me a better deal.

Last edited:
How about Amsoil? There is a warehouse just past the RR tracks to the north of the airport in that little warehouse area to the left. No shipping costs and get 0w20 for as low as 4.70 in a quart bottle.(less per qt in larger containers)

Last edited:
It was Mechanicsville Toyota/Scion.

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Wow, it costs me $52 for my MR2 (full syn) in AVL and there is only one Toyota place around. (MR2's bottom panels are a PITA to remove so unless I am feeling like a lot of work, I take it in).

I am from RVA, which dealership? Haley, Prioity, McG's or Mechanicsville? I would call around and see which would give me a better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back