Liquid Wrench chain lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works fine, just flings off more than the DuPont stuff. Works well as a cable lube also. Best to put it on a warm chain as it will evaporate off some of the more volatile compounds and fling less when you take it out. I keep a can around for use in a pinch. It is definitely in the "runny" camp of chain lubes.

I have some of it works fine if you let it sit 1/2 hour before riding. I want to try the shaeffers #227 moly chain lube. I may order some for next spring.

Last edited:
Ive switched from T9 to this for bike chains due to pricing. Cant say its better but it definately works great. As others have mentioned give it a while to dry. Which it does end up drying into a waft film much like the boeshield

Its supposed to have some EP organic moly so it should handle high loads alright but no nastily black [censored]. That all said, and while I haven't noticed a deficit, it is not my go-to corrosion inhibitor.

I used it for 3 years. Chain didn't wear much, but it bakes onto anywhere it splatters. I use 50/50% ATF/SAE 140 now; splatters a little more but doesn't stick.

On the V-Strom forum we've found that almost any lube works quite well, 20+ thousand miles on those bikes. For some reason, the current yellow-can Dupont Teflon chain lube seems to be weaker than the older blue-can Dupont multi-purpose wax lube. The current blue-can Dupont multipurpose lube without wax is very weak. Many riders have their favorites, but the only thing that seems to stand out are the continuous lubricators, and those often make a mess as well cost a fair bit for the hardware.

Here's why an o-ring chain needs lube:
quadra_01.jpg

http://www.ekchain.jp/feature/index.html

It isn't the o-ring or x-ring or xyz-ring that needs the lube. It is the outer roller that does not have lube sealed in by the sealing ring. The pin and inner bushing have the sealed-in factory lube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back