Is the Maxlife cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serviced a couple of my vehices this past week. Escape at 75k, two 4 quart drains (no filter to change) with Supertech mercon v. Every drain spotless....my ancient 2001 f150 I am going over as my daughter pulls her horse with it. Three 4 quart drains with Maxlife. Nothing too bad first drain, second clean, but the third (after 250 miles) was a little dark. It was serviced at30k, 60k, 100k and now at 145k.

Just wondering if the synthetic maxlife or Lubeguard red had cleaned some stuff up?...or do I have something going on? I put a drain in the pan to attempt this progressive dilution and the b & m kit worked fine. Btw, the trans is shifting smooth.

Did you use LubeGard RED on all 3 prior D&F's or just on the last D&F? If so, it may have changed the color of the ATF as the LubeGard Product is somewhat Brown-ish itself! Besides that, I don't know! It's getting older but, not worn out
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Did you use LubeGard RED on all 3 prior D&F's or just on the last D&F? If so, it may have changed the color of the ATF as the LubeGard Product is somewhat Brown-ish itself! Besides that, I don't know! It's getting older but, not worn out
smile.gif

Just added after second drain. Needed two bottles anyway, so I put it in 13 oz initially, and added 4 oz on the last 4 qt fill. You could be right... the LG is darker thanthe fluid......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back