Inexpensive Wiper Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while ago I purchaced some inexpensive Beam Style Wiper Blades from BigLot's & Ollie's Closeout Stores. Inexpensive meaning, around $3/ea. in all lengths. I bought 16", 17" & 18".

These wipers are from Valvloine and Stoner(Invisible Glass).
When pulled from their pkgs, they look puny compared to the Beam Wipers from Rain-X(Latitude/Repel) in the same lengths.

At worst, I'll use the wiper blades for the rear wiper(hatch) or the passenger side of the vehicle so, it's not a huge deal and I will certainly keep the blades. I'll use'em for backups when the current wiper blades(Latitude) tear/wearout.

Has anyone here used these Invisible Glass or Valvoline Beam Wiper Blades? They say on the packages..."Premium Wiper Blades". I have seen the Valvoline's at SEARS but, have never seen the Invisible Glass blades.

I realize that just about any wiper blade works well in decent/warm weather but, how about on the highway(wind lift) or in the fridged cold of our winters???

Any comments are welcome
smile.gif

CB

Sears had some regular wipers on sale for under $4 recently.

I just got some Trico Ice wipers for my Jeep for the winter.

I believe its best to buy inexpensive (but not cheap) wipers and change them more often than premium and expect them to last a long time.

Also a good idea to take a wet towel and quickly clean off the blade once a month.

Rock had a clearance on wiper blades last year, so I bought a bunch in the sizes that we use.
I don't find premium blades to last any longer or perform any better in service than cheap ones do.
The only real advantage I see with beam type blades is that you don't have the buildup of ice that you get with conventional open frame blades, which can be bad enough that in heavy snow conditions, you may have to stop to knock the ice off to restore adequate wiping.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: Skeet6
What's a beam type blade?
Thanks,
Mike B

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Qq2kArU_k

Thanks KDOAXS. I recently purchased the Bosch ICON's shown in the Auto Zone youtube. I asked for blades that can work well in snow. These are for my F-150. Looks like I'll find out soon how well they work
smile.gif

Whimsey

Running the beam style "element" model from raineater that menards had on rebate this winter. Working great but we will have to see how the longevity is...

I have been liking the BEAM style wiper blades over the last several years(on all of our cars) especially in the winter time as I don't experience that, wiper missing(not wiping the glass)right in front of my eyes.

With other blades(even winter blades), I seem to have gotten that HUGE streak on just about every vehicle that I have owned.

With the BEAM blades, there seems to be more even pressure right where I need to see. I can deal with a little streak here & there but, not a 2"-3" strip in front of my main focus.

As-far-as longevity...same as other blades IMHO so, I have been buying them at closeout stores on the cheap
smile.gif

I like the Acura replacement refills so much I don't waste my time or money on cheap stuff. Not sure who makes them but I prefer to pay $9/insert as they last about 1-2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back