Nissan Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our 2010 Altima is a little low on coolant. Yes I know I need to find out why but when I do I need to top it off. I hate having to go to the dealer 25 miles away and buy some of that blue stuff for $20+, so I was considering flushing the whole system and putting something else in it. I could put gold OAT stuff in it, or I could just go with the regular old green and keep it flushed every few years. What do you think?

Fix the leak then flush and refill the entire system. Ive done this to the FX35 with regular green. Not too hard. I did have to really work at it to get all the air bubbles out of my Z though.

I believe Nissan blue is just a long life formula. Using the regular green wont hurt a thing just don't mix extensively. Also in a couple of years check the coolant again.

Isn't it easier to just drive and get the coolant rather than going through the hassle of flushing and mixing chemistry?

Hello, I side with the rat. The pale blue long-life coolants available are all pretty similar, no? Have some original Nissan coolant or a jug Beck and Arnley generic blue long-life shipped to your home via Amazon if you don't want to patronize an automobile dealer. Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, I side with the rat. The pale blue long-life coolants available are all pretty similar, no? Have some original Nissan coolant or a jug Beck and Arnley generic blue long-life shipped to your home via Amazon if you don't want to patronize an automobile dealer. Kira

+1 The last two comments are good, mixing coolant can really cause problems. Keep your mind clear and use a compatible formula. Beck Arnley stuff is the exact formula.

Nissan Green and Blue coolants can be safely mixed according to the following TSB:

Quote:
NTB09-040a - NEW BLUE NISSAN LONG LIFE ANTIFREEZE/COOLANT

SERVICE INFORMATION:
In calendar year 2009, Nissan began filling some vehicles at the factory with a NEW Nissan Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (LLC) that is blue in color.
NOTE: LLC = Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant

The transition to this new Blue LLC continued though MY 2010. Beginning with MY 2011, all Nissan vehicles are filled at the factory with the Blue LLC.
• MY 2009 and 2010: Some vehicles are filled at the factory with Blue LLC.
• MY 2011: All vehicles are filled at the factory with Blue LLC.

Blue LLC is designed to have a service life of 7 years/105,000 miles for the factory fill, and 5 years/75,000 miles for subsequent replacement fills.

• Blue LLC one gallon pre-diluted:
P/N 999MP – LP25500P
- The one gallon containers are pre-diluted with 50% antifreeze and 50% distilled water.
- Do not add additional water when using pre-diluted Blue LLC.

• Blue LLC one quart concentrate:
P/N 999MP – L255QTP
- The one quart concentrate containers are intended for extreme cold weather application.
- Use the concentrate without mixing (do not add water).
- Add directly to the cooling system in specific amounts as directed on the container label.

Additional Information for using Blue LLC:

Blue LLC and Green-colored Nissan LLC (P/N 999MP-AF000P) are compatible with each other:
• Blue can be mixed/added with Green
• Green can be mixed/added with Blue

CAUTION:
• Adding Green LLC to Blue LLC will reduce/shorten the life expectancy of the Blue LLC to that of the Green LLC (4 years / 60,000 miles).
• LLC must always be used with demineralized or distilled water, otherwise the life expectancy of the LLC (Blue or Green) will be degraded and cooling system damage may occur.

Old Nissan green, or the generic silicate and phosphate stuff? I wouldn't recommend generic green stuff because the silicates might damage the water pump. Nissan green might be okay.

I like the idea of using the Beck/Arnley stuff.

I would stick with the Nissan Blue as well. Absent that, Zerex Asian vehicle could likely be used with minimal flushing.

I would go with Zerex Asian. As long as you have genuine Nissan coolant (green or blue) in the car now, the Zerex will mix with it and no flushing will be needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back