Castrol ATF vs Castrol Transmax ATF vs Maxlife ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazon has Castrol Transmax Import Multi-Vehicle ATF $65 for 3 gallons, Walmart has Castrol Import Multi-Vehicle ATF $5.74/qt and Maxlife Dexron/Mercon ATF $16.97/gal.

What are the differences between Castrol Transmax IMV ATF and Castrol IMV ATF ?

I need to replace ATF in the 2006 Volvo V70, it has the same transmission with Nissan 5-speed front wheel drive vehicles.

FWIW, Transmax is factory fill in a lot of vehicles. I think that says something about how stout it is.

It sounds like we have the same transmission. Ive used both Castrol IMV and Castrol IMV high mileage in both of our Nissans with good experience. In fact from what I hear Nissan's matic-j is rebranded Castrol IMV. Use with confidence.

I have Castrol Import Multi Vehicle ATF in my Pathfinder which specifies Nissan Matic D and I am happy with the shift quality and performance. I believe they renamed Castrol IMV to Transmax IMV a year or two ago, they should be the same product as some other posters have confirmed above. I would use it again.

Thank you all for your inputs. According to Castrol's PDS it looks like Castrol Transmax IMV and Castrol IMV are the same.

Now the question is, which one is better for Volvo V70 AW-55-50SN transmission ? Castrol IMV or Maxlife full synthetic Dex/Mercon ATF ?

Price of 1 quart:
Castrol IMV from Walmart $5.74
Castrol Transmax IMV from Amazon $5.42
Maxlife Dex/Mercon ATF from Walmart $4.24

I have to pay sale tax for buying from Amazon, so it doesn't matter where I buy it. Buying from Amazon is more convenience, because I don't have to drive to WM and they may not have all 12 quarts in stock.

If Castrol Transmax IMV is much stouter than Maxlife then $1.18/qt($14 extra for 12 quarts) is not a major factor, because spread out over 50-60k miles the extra cost is 25 cents per thousand miles.

Thanks for the VOA's. I will go with Maxlife ATF, it has more Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorous and Boron. It also a little thinner but higher flash point and VI. The bonus is $1/qt cheaper.

Same thing, different name. I've used it for the last two D&F's on my Versa (uses Matic-D) because of the JASO-1A spec, otherwise I probably would have gone with Maxlife for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back