2014 Dodge Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Was up at my favourite Chrysler dealer yesterday and they had this beauty in stock:

viper01.jpg

Sticker on it is $148,000.00

Didnt they used to be like $50k?

I think that might have been like. 1993...

Love it. But I think I prefer red for that car. I'd still drive the black one though...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Love it. But I think I prefer red for that car. I'd still drive the black one though...

I believe they have a red one coming in shortly. I'll be sure to snap a pic or two
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I believe they have a red one coming in shortly. I'll be sure to snap a pic or two
smile.gif

And take it for a test drive? Someone has to take one for the team and do such dirty work...

My brother-in-law used to work for a Chrysler dealership, and when he was there he actually sold one of those puppies. He has a Viper logo tattooed on his arm.

Yep^^^ manual only, no slushbox offered.

Has ABS and stability control now, too. An amazing chassis in search of a nice stroker V8 IMO!

Widely regarded as a great used car bargain, they are tough and hold up well at the track. I never drove ANYTHING that was as smoothly controllable at the limit as a Viper is.

But it sure is pretty!

Great looking car, but slow sales and growing inventory forced Chrysler to slash production and re-deploy Viper workers in Oct. Base price is around $105K U.S.
Ebay motors is currently flooded with SRT dealers trying to unload Vipers.

Fantastic performer for sure! I am in the minority though and don't think it is a very good looking car. Too many bumps and bubbles in its shape for my taste.

I haven't analyzed how it competes on price but from what I've seen and heard about it this car doesn't get the attention it deserves as there is some great engineering in there.

It is an insanely good car.

Expensive, but proportionately expensive for what you get... It is a great car..

I saw it at the Detroit auto show earlier this year.. Looks amazing in person.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Has ABS and stability control now, too. An amazing chassis in search of a nice stroker V8 IMO!

Widely regarded as a great used car bargain, they are tough and hold up well at the track. I never drove ANYTHING that was as smoothly controllable at the limit as a Viper is.

But it sure is pretty!

A punched out, current, Hemi with ALL of the NA power building 'tricks' would fit the bill, AND give it even better yet weight distribution, and lower overall weight!
wink.gif
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif

Meh not mine kind of car, the older Vipers are very crude, almost kit car levels of finish, the 14's look better at least. For that kind of coin I'd get the SLS a 599, or a Porsche 911 Turbo4s, or GT3.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-599-GTB-...=US_Cars_Trucks

The F car will hold its value better than the Viper, is probably just as fast, and you can drive it since its a proper GT car.

Last edited:
One of my friends from Texas has one and in bone stock trim (other than drag radials), he ran a 10.97 quarter mile!

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

But it sure is pretty!

A punched out, current, Hemi with ALL of the NA power building 'tricks' would fit the bill, AND give it even better yet weight distribution, and lower overall weight!
wink.gif
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif

I want that all aluminum crate motor they sell. Lightening up the front end would require some springs and suspension tuning, but I feel the result would be worth it.

And don't think this is like your Grandpa's Viper. Check out this lap of Lagune Seca against the mighty ZR-1:

http://media.caranddriver.com/files/2013...leguna-seca.pdf

This car is completely different in all the important areas, one very slick car from guys who LOVE cars...

Last edited:
The next viper should be a twin turbo 6.4 Hemi V8. Time to let 10 cylinders die off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back