AMSOIL SIGNATURE SERIES UOA 9,650 MILES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my 2nd uoa on my 2010 Toyota Camry 2.5l with amsoil signature series 0w20. My first analysis was my FIRST run with the amsoil and I had a purolator pure one filter then. I also changed my air filter about mid way thru this oil change. Make-up oil was with approximately 1/4 quart of oil.

This second run was with an amsoil ea oil filter. [img:center][/img]

If I done more highway miles I think I could go 15-20k on this oil. 70% of my driving is short trips of about 9 miles to work one way daily

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
If I done more highway miles I think I could go 15-20k on this oil. 70% of my driving is short trips of about 9 miles to work one way daily

If you ask me, 9 miles is a bit beyond the realm of short trips.
That is like 15KM and I don't think many people around where I live drive that far to work.

Anyway no harm is done from your driving style by the looks of things so it doesn't even matter :p

It may not be too bad but my friend ran the amsoil xl for 12k miles in a Honda with great wear and TBN at 2.7 left but he does trips of 45 miles one way to work so the longer the drives the longer the oil life

Correct.....OE or XL or Mobil 1 or any other group III would have the same or close to the same results at half the cost. To get your money out of Signature series oil, you will need to double the miles on your UOA.

Looks good but as has been mentioned any 0W-20 would likely produce similar results at half the price while being more suitably lighter particularly for your short commute.

Not surprisingly TGMO 0W-20 would be the ideal lubricant for this application plus a WIX or M1 oil filter.

Outstanding engine, oil and filter. If you like it, stay with it. I would recheck that you got a good seal on the air filter box though. Silicon seems a little high to me.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
Correct.....OE or XL or Mobil 1 or any other group III would have the same or close to the same results at half the cost. To get your money out of Signature series oil, you will need to double the miles on your UOA.

That's what I was thinking.

How do you guys know that any synthetic will do this in MY application? Everyone drives differently and because I don't drive hardly any highway miles I think other oils will deplete faster.

Besides that with mobil costing $28 tax and all at Wally World (which I won't step foot in)
I can go with amsoil signature for $45!! $17 difference for 1 oil change or about a years worth of driving = about $1.50 a month more in my expenses which I can find that between my couch cushions.

The amsoil has shown good wear numbers with life left, my warranty states 10k changes, and I'm not saying other oils wouldn't show similar results BUT I am very happy with the oil I use and I feel confident using it.

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
How do you guys know that any synthetic will do this in MY application? Everyone drives differently and because I don't drive hardly any highway miles I think other oils will deplete faster.

Besides that with mobil costing $28 tax and all at Wally World (which I won't step foot in)
I can go with amsoil signature for $45!! $17 difference for 1 oil change or about a years worth of driving = about $1.50 a month more in my expenses which I can find that between my couch cushions.

The amsoil has shown good wear numbers with life left, my warranty states 10k changes, and I'm not saying other oils wouldn't show similar results BUT I am very happy with the oil I use and I feel confident using it.

thumbsup2.gif
Keep doing what your doing!

Here's the thing people,alot of us,including myself cannot stand walking into Walmart.So when people choose other oils like Amsoil in this case,it gets kinda old hearing "HEY,you could've saved X-amount of money if you used this filter and this oil if you would've went to Wallyworld!" Simple answer,NOT worth it!

Yeah that's the way I feel. I've done a 10k oil change instead of the old 3k myth and it cost me about $60 for a 10k run which I'm ok with when most people at my shop spends $35 for a 5k oil change.
Yeah I could probably be ok with amsoil XL and save $12.50 but to have more moly, calcium, etc and it show good wear numbers I'm gonna use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back