Super Tech Wiper Blades At WM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure over time it may dry them out, but I haven't really seen any bad or accelerated wear as a result. I usually replace mine once a year anyhow. And I am one of those who wash their car once a week on average

I have my most success with ANCO and TRICO so I do not plan on changing brands anytime soon.

So I will be following this topic to see the results.

Originally Posted By: Truck_Zilla
I've own over 50 cars and trucks in my life time and I always use name brand wiper blades. I've tried them all accept for Wal-marts Super Tech wiper Blades. So, I took a chance and purchased a set for $10.66 with tax. I could tell as soon as I pulled them out of the package they were made better than Anco (which are the ones that worked the best for me). I haven't use them long enough to give an honest opinion, but today it was raining fairly heavy and the wiper blades worked great. no streaking, no chattering. They were very quiet. If I still feel the same way in about six months I will put them on all my vehicles and will be happy with Wal-marts "bottem feeders"

David

TZ, how are the ST wiper blades holding up? Any good or bad news, replies, information?
21.gif

I've own over 50 cars and trucks in my life time and I always use name brand wiper blades. I've tried them all accept for Wal-marts Super Tech wiper Blades. So, I took a chance and purchased a set for $10.66 with tax. I could tell as soon as I pulled them out of the package they were made better than Anco (which are the ones that worked the best for me). I haven't use them long enough to give an honest opinion, but today it was raining fairly heavy and the wiper blades worked great. no streaking, no chattering. They were very quiet. If I still feel the same way in about six months I will put them on all my vehicles and will be happy with Wal-marts "bottem feeders"

David

They are Anco. The manufacturer "Federal-Mogul" is clearly stated on the back of the package.

I've been using the Valvoline silver and gold wipers that I picked up at the recent BOGO free sale at Kmart. They're doing a fine job especially considering they were only $4.99 pair. Let's see if they hold up throughout the winter.

I won't be using the STs...I've been using Ancos for a long time and I like them...if WM won't sell the Ancos I'll go somewhere else to buy them...

Originally Posted By: grampi
I won't be using the STs...I've been using Ancos for a long time and I like them...if WM won't sell the Ancos I'll go somewhere else to buy them...

They look to be otherwise identical with the exception that Anco isn't stamped on the frame. They're marked Federal-Mogul on the back, so it's pretty clear they're made by the same company.

I just buy my wipers off RockAuto where I can get good wipers for more than 1/2 off. For example - I just scored TRICO exact fit wipers packaged under the NAPA name for $2 a piece! Even at full price I can get Trico, Bosch or other name brand for less than the cheapie Autozone Duralast blades or anything at wal mart.

Last edited:
I asked Truck_Zilla how the ST wipers were working because I was going to try them. I know I said I would never use them but in my situation I have to watch every penny.
My ANCO's were wore out. I did an online search and everyone was saying to stay away from the Michelin's.
I went to WM and they were out of the 22" ST. And, I didn't want the Michelin's. I went to O'Rielly's and bought the Bosch Excel+ wipers. They were $13.99 but O'Rielly's had a BOGO on them. I did a GOOGLE search on them and saw they were a good choice. Time will tell. Anyone else here use these? Opinions?

Originally Posted By: BlueOvalFitter
I asked Truck_Zilla how the ST wipers were working because I was going to try them. I know I said I would never use them but in my situation I have to watch every penny.
My ANCO's were wore out. I did an online search and everyone was saying to stay away from the Michelin's.
I went to WM and they were out of the 22" ST. And, I didn't want the Michelin's. I went to O'Rielly's and bought the Bosch Excel+ wipers. They were $13.99 but O'Rielly's had a BOGO on them. I did a GOOGLE search on them and saw they were a good choice. Time will tell. Anyone else here use these? Opinions?

They're a good wiper if you live somewhere that doesn't deal with a lot of snow/ice. The metal armature design is much better than the beams at providing even pressure.

Originally Posted By: dparm

They're a good wiper if you live somewhere that doesn't deal with a lot of snow/ice. The metal armature design is much better than the beams at providing even pressure.

Thanx dparm. I live in Louisiana. We have extremely hot summers and somewhat cold winters. (90*-100* Summer/40*-20* Winter) There were a few days last year and already 1-2 days this year, that I had ice on my windshield.
I lived in FL for the last 25 years prior to last year and never had to deal with ice.
I will give an update after a few rain cycles and hopefully no ice.
smile.gif

I put a pair of st wipers on the beater last week. They look/work ok. This car sits outside all the time. The summer sun in August can destroy any wiper blade in one season. If they don't melt or stick to the windshield next summer, then good enough..

Wayne

I replaced Trico ExactFit blades on my Pathfinder with SuperTech blades. The ST blades are the quietest wipers I've ever used, they are silent in operation. They seem to work fine too.

The Trico blades seemed to have melted in the sun, they were smearing awfully the other day so I needed new wiper blades now. I figured I'd try the ST blades and I am happy with them.

Originally Posted By: dparm

Thanx dparm. I live in Louisiana. We have extremely hot summers and somewhat cold winters. (90*-100* Summer/40*-20* Winter) There were a few days last year and already 1-2 days this year, that I had ice on my windshield.
I lived in FL for the last 25 years prior to last year and never had to deal with ice.
I will give an update after a few rain cycles and hopefully no ice.
smile.gif

UPDATE
After several rainy days and some iced windshields, the Bosch Excel blades are working great! No streaks or chatter.
thumbsup2.gif

I should have bought an extra set, as they were BOGO @ $13.99 each.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
I've tried them all accept for Wal-marts Super Tech wiper Blades. So, I took a chance and purchased a set for $10.66 with tax. I could tell as soon as I pulled them out of the package they were made better than Anco (which are the ones that worked the best for me). I haven't use them long enough to give an honest opinion, but today it was raining fairly heavy and the wiper blades worked great. no streaking, no chattering. They were very quiet.

David

They are Anco. The manufacturer "Federal-Mogul" is clearly stated on the back of the package.

I always buy ANCO from Walmart and these wiper blades are no longer in stores. Rain-X, Bosh and a couple others priced from 3.88 to 15.00 and more. I figure since my wiper blade tore today, I will try the basic Super-Tech just to see if its any good. I can say that for a new wiper blade, it does a great job. In the past, I tried Trico and a few others and was not impressed with the blades from AAP that cost more than the Anco. Generally speaking, wiper blades should be replaced every year due to deterioration as part of your maintenance.

I just recently had to replace the Bosch blades due to them causing streaks on the windshield and chirping. I tell you, they sure held up well.
thumbsup2.gif

NAPA had a sale on RAIN-X LATITUDES. BOGO free. Then, RAIN-X had a $10 rebate on top of that. I bought a set and got my rebate in the mail about 2 weeks ago. I should not have to buy blades for another 3.5 years, at least.
banana2.gif

Awesome! Thanks for updating after experience. That's some serious life from a wiper blade. I try to get just rubber refills from the dealer when I can. Ive only heard good things about Bosch blades, except the price. BOGO would make them a good buy.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
They are probably just as good vs the other cheap offerings available elsewhere. For $4.37 each, I hope it helps those who want/need to save money a little safer.

They are not nearly as good as the Anco blades WM used to sell. Someone said these blades are made by Anco, but if they are, they are not produced to the same standard as the Ancos because the Ancos are a much better blade...problem is, NOBODY sells the Anco blades anymore...

Originally Posted By: y_p_w

David

They may be made by the same company, but they aren't made to the same standard...the ST blades I used absolutely sucked...the Ancos were always the best blades I've used, but they aren't sold anywhere now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back