whats your two cents on the best penetrating oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're blending your own, add some GL5 gear lube in the mix, enough to smell it in the final product, the EP additives will help keep the bolt from grabbing the stud when you have it halfway off. Stops all that nasty screeching noise.

Originally Posted By: Da Game
Have anybody tried Corrosion X for penatrating oil???

I have tried it and works well but it is slow to penetrate. CorrosionX is thick and that makes it slow to get into the parts. For rusted nuts and bolts, I would stick with a dedicated penetrant like kroil or PB blaster because they work faster.

CorrosionX works will when you dont have a fast penetrant on hand though.

So what is the definition of faster. You got a rusted bolt or nut. Its been on there for 100k miles or years. Hmmm,,,spray on MMO, PB, etc, let it sit overnite,,,it will come off in the morning,,slow down gang, have a cup of your favorite drink, where u going so fast, life is short, u are young, breathe, watch the Mallards land in the pond,go fishing,buy a Fram filter and make someone mad in here,lol

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
AeroKroil.

thumbsup2.gif
And it makes a decent bore cleaner.

Another vote for Kroil. Any of the forms. If I had offspring I suspect my gallon can of SiliKroil could be handed down several generations before it gets used up. A little goes a long way.

It does have an annoying habit of dissolving the inside parts in pump type oil cans.

I dont know if its available to you guys in the US, but I've found GT85 to the the absolute best of the best for its penetrating/creeping abilities, quite often a squirt of GT means I dont need to get the oxyacetylene torch fired up
It really is good stuff!

My Toyota 04 RAV4 had the rear brake pads held in by pins. Five years of New York winters rusted the pins to the pads. Soaked overnight with PB Blaster and no luck. Used the can of CRC Freeze-Off , and got the pins out.

Bought the Kroil on the special they have for two large spray cans. Good stuff but on my Toyota Avalon sprayed on the cheap grade 2 bolts for the metal under cover protector for the radiator, and no luck all the bolts heads snapped.

Hear regular brake fluid is good , also ATF. Probably should get me a eye dropper to apply them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jdmstr22
I uses PB Blaster if it doesnt work i usually go to CRC Freeze off and good ole HEAT

Kind of want to try something new,Whats your choice?

50/50 mix of trans fluid and acetone in a plastic spray bottle. Shake vigorously before using.
thumbsup2.gif

I know there was (is) a myth that brake-fluid and ATF works. I'm not sure if this is true but I do know for sure that the two fluids don't mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back