remove a broken off ABS wheel sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
11275582095_5a18d2f837_m.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/omi7uwa1a1gl0in/11275582095_5a18d2f837_m.jpg

2003 pathfinder 4 wheel drive Without traction control ,I broke off my drivers side front ABS sensor , is there any way to get it out Without Dropping the front Metal pick up still attached inside the sensor not to drop down into the tone ring hole, so far I thought of heating it , drilling it , prying it or driving a long wood screw in it and pulling on it , is there a better easier way open for suggestions , I did not try anything I thought of above yet .thanks if you have any Ideas

On my old BMW I used a screw to remove most of it and had to drill out the remaining 1/4" that was some kind of plastic/???....it basically disintergrated when drilled.

I'd be tempted to try and get underneath it and drive it out through the top rather that grasbbing the top and pulling - disc and caliper off and you should be able to see it, no?

All it is made of is copper wire, plastic cover and a magnet materiel. Drill a hole in it an drive a screw into it and pull it out. The tip is so close to the reluctor wheel that anything that might fall down can be seen and retrieved by needle nose or shop air. Most of the time the only thing left is the magnet materiel and that sticks to the iron and won't fall inside.

Not fun but also not as bad as it sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back