Took the day off work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how the roads around here are now, but when I tried to leave for work around 7 this morning the wind chill was -15 and I slid through 2 stop lights and a stop sign before turning around and going home. No traction whatsoever and average speed on 35-45 roads was 10. Work said many had called in and they were considering closing early anyways. So if its OK with everyone I've got all day to annoy y'all today. How's the weather where you are?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Not -15 wind chill fortunately!

Lol, temp when I left was 9. Its now 1 with a -16 wind chill. This day just keeps getting better!

Best to be safe.

It is 23 here with 10 wind chill. Not as bad as you.

We are getting our usual dumping of lake effect snow, and just about every car in the work parking lot here has 1/2-3/4 bald all-seasons.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
78F right now. We hit 85F yesterday a new record high for Melbourne FL. You guys need to move to FLORIDA!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Eddie
67 and sunny

My boss is in Ft. Lauderdale right now. I'm so jealous!

17F.

Just got a call that my pops slipped on the icy driveway taking out the trash and messed up his leg.

Next project is to extend the downspout pipe out to the street at my parents house so it doesn't create a hockey rink on the driveway.

Last edited:
About 20 F (-6 celsius) feels like -13 with wind.. but its going to feel like -30 celsius tonight with the wind. I guess it depends if you are used to the cold weather or not.. It can vary here, but sometimes it gets very cold.

Originally Posted By: Donald
In some areas they were talking about "cobblestone ice". Not sure we get that in NY (Albany).

Albany is like my 2nd home.. LOL thats how often I get dragged to go shopping there.. LOL

78F right now. We hit 85F yesterday a new record high for Melbourne FL. You guys need to move to FLORIDA!!!!!

Think I am going to take a trip to where you are.. go relax on a beach or something.. last year I went to Myrtle Beach for the weekend, boy was that nice!! cold in MTL and balmy hot there!!

Originally Posted By: renegade_987
78F right now. We hit 85F yesterday

Did you ask permission to speak?

crackmeup2.gif

78F right now. We hit 85F yesterday

Did you ask permission to speak?

How's the weather where you are?

Well, since you asked...