So I got a new Car..Which Oil? Dart 1.4L Turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather odd for Chrysler to recommend a 5W-40, but OK.

Mobil 1 makes a 0W-40 AFE that should work fine as 0W-40 and 5W-40 are both 40W at operating temperatures. Mobil 1 5W-40 oils are formulated for diesels, but I would consult Chrysler if using an oil formulated for a diesel is satisfactory.

Most 5W-40 oils are formulated for diesels.

If you want to use Pennzoil, you'll need to use Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro.

I would call Chrysler and ask them if you can use 5W-30 or 5W-20.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: MCompact
Mobil1.com recommends M1 5W-40 TDT for the 500 Abarth...

That's odd.

I know; I've been thinking about getting an Abarth for some time and Mobil 1 didn't list an oil recommendation until just recently. Several months ago I emailed XOM and asked if they had an oil recommendation for that engine and they advised me that I should use M1 0W-40...

Yes, they usually push the M1 0w-40 versus the TDT. Up here, TDT is way too expensive. I swear that our Walmarts get it from U.S. Walmarts and throw some Canadian labels on them. Imperial Oil doesn't supply the product and it's a different size than "normal" Mobil products up here, too.

We don't have the Dart but the Alfa Romeo Mito uses the same engine. Castrol recommends Edge 0w40 (A3) or Magnatec 5w40 turbo diesel (C3) for that engine. Mobil only refers to dealer. Selenia Star 5w40 is the FF. That's just a basic A3 rated 5w40 synthetic. The engine only holds 3.3L

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back