HEET fuel additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was given a few bottles. Some the ISO red bottle, and some the yellow bottle. At what temperature do these become useful; if they ever become useful? Also, how do the chemicals work for the water removing part. And do they actually work?

Not really necessary with todays ethanol blend gasoline. All it really is is Alcohol which the ethanol is. I see no reason for these gas line antifreeze products with ethanol blended gasoline's.

No need if you run E10.
Dump yellow bottle in gallon of washer fluid and use in winter for added deicing in winter.

If you happen to run in real cold weather and your windshield washer fluid freezes on use, I been told to dump Heet into the washer tank.... so I been told.

I would not use it in gas tank. You have enough alcohol in the gas already.

Unless you are lucky enough to have E0 fuel.

We have E0 racing fuel available, but I think its leaded.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I would not use it in gas tank. You have enough alcohol in the gas already.

Unless you are lucky enough to have E0 fuel.

We have E0 racing fuel available, but I think its leaded.

Good to know, I was buying them 'cause I wasn't sure, but now I'll save my money.

Products like Heet are primarily Methanol. You pay $1.50 for Heet which is pure methanol that costs likely less than 25 cents bought in bulk. Think Heet is 99% methanol. Methanol has a unique molecular/chemical structure that easily absorbs water which stops the water from freezing in gas tank and gas lines.

Last edited:
The red bottle is Iso-HEET, which uses isopropanol instead of methanol. It's supposed to be superior. I frankly wouldn't want to put methanol in my car. And frankly if you regularly use any fuel with ethanol in it, it's not going to do anything the alcohol already in the fuel is going to do.

I guess I'll save this stuff for nice blend with orange juice for breakfast. It seems like this stuff is better for consumption than it is for combustion.

Originally Posted By: 79sunrunner
I guess I'll save this stuff for nice blend with orange juice for breakfast. It seems like this stuff is better for consumption than it is for combustion.

No that could make u go blind. Pour it in the washer fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back