lubegard biotech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for the usual 5k oil change on my buddies 09 1500 Chevy 4.8 V8, with PYB 5W30. Going to try Biotech this oci. Seeing as the Lubegard is a 15 oz. bottle(half qt) and the engine takes 6 quarts, should i use 5.5 quarts PYB and then pour in the whole bottle of Biotech? Gonna try MoS2 one day also, how much of that should I use?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
Time for the usual 5k oil change on my buddies 09 1500 Chevy 4.8 V8, with PYB 5W30. Going to try Biotech this oci. Seeing as the Lubegard is a 15 oz. bottle(half qt) and the engine takes 6 quarts, should i use 5.5 quarts PYB and then pour in the whole bottle of Biotech?

That's all you have to do for a a 6 qt. sump. Good product BTW.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Lubegard Biotech is the only additive I would (and have) used in my vehicles. Great product.

I am using it along with some 0w-20 in my old 96 Crown Vic, and the other day I saw some blue smoke out of the exhaust, which is unusual. I think it must be cleaning and rejuvenating some seals, because the oil consumption so far in 300 miles is minimal. Normally I have to add a quart every 800-1000 miles, even with thicker oil. It will be interesting to see what happens, because no other additive I've used, and there have been a lot, has done much to stop consumption.

I tried it and had high hopes but I wouldn't buy it again, I thought it would
help quiet my engine but it didn't make any difference. I had good results with their Transmission Additive but not with the engine one. I think they should just stick to what they are good at Transmissions. They are just getting into engine additives for the profit IMO. I would try MOS2 first much more data and good results reported for that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DanMiller
help quiet my engine but it didn't make any difference. I had good results with their Transmission Additive but not with the engine one. I think they should just stick to what they are good at Transmissions. They are just getting into engine additives for the profit IMO. I would try MOS2 first much more data and good results reported for that.

well-----their power steering fluid is pretty darned good as well. I would write a testimonial for that product anytime

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Lubegard Biotech is the only additive I would (and have) used in my vehicles. Great product.

I am using it along with some 0w-20 in my old 96 Crown Vic, and the other day I saw some blue smoke out of the exhaust, which is unusual. I think it must be cleaning and rejuvenating some seals, because the oil consumption so far in 300 miles is minimal. Normally I have to add a quart every 800-1000 miles, even with thicker oil. It will be interesting to see what happens, because no other additive I've used, and there have been a lot, has done much to stop consumption.

I'd be interested in seeing how things progress as time goes by.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

550 miles since the oil change and the level on the dipstick has barely moved, and I haven't seen any more smoke.

help quiet my engine but it didn't make any difference.

+1
I still have 1/2 quart left and not sure what to do with it.

help quiet my engine but it didn't make any difference. I had good results with their Transmission Additive but not with the engine one.

I have had a lot of engines with noises that nothing inn a bottle can fix, bad lifters, worn cylinders and pistons, pitted cams, worn chain tensioner, the list is endless.
You cant fix broke.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

550 miles since the oil change and the level on the dipstick has barely moved, and I haven't seen any more smoke.

Sounds good, keep us updated.

Originally Posted By: Trav
help quiet my engine but it didn't make any difference. I had good results with their Transmission Additive but not with the engine one.

I have had a lot of engines with noises that nothing inn a bottle can fix, bad lifters, worn cylinders and pistons, pitted cams, worn chain tensioner, the list is endless.
You cant fix broke.

+1 I think what people fail to realize is there's a difference between worn or broken parts, vs. a part that might be dirty for example. In the case of dirt or ring coking if the noise stops, or consumption is reduced as a result of some cleaning getting done by the additive the product is a hero. Typically if there are some issues due to worn or broken parts and an additive is used and it doesn't work the end user is usually not a happy camper regardless of what the cause of the problem is.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
help quiet my engine but it didn't make any difference.

+1
I still have 1/2 quart left and not sure what to do with it.

If I was near you I would buy you lunch and pick it up !

Good call & good product.

I have it in BOTH of my Saturns. I could really feel the engine revving being "freed up".
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back