Walmart and Anco 31 wipers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have been buying the excellent and very cheap Anco 31 wipers from your local Walmart and they have now stopped selling them, you will be glad to know that the new Supertech branded wipers are identical and the same low price.

Just put the replacement on today and it worked great. I was actually replacing an Anco Profile 24 inch blade that has smeared from new in exactly the worst spot possible. The Anco 20 inch on the passenger side works great though. Looks like the larger Profile blade is too curved for my windscreen.

I get my wiper blades at Wal-Mart. I can no longer find wiper refills and auto parts stores charge too much for wiper blades.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I get my wiper blades at Wal-Mart. I can no longer find wiper refills and auto parts stores charge too much for wiper blades.

I hear ya, I can't find refills for the life of me. AAP had something you cut to size, in some off brand which were real garbage. Auto Barn sells the Anco blades and runs sales on them, I keep a small inventory on hand now.

+1 on the ANCO, I believe you can find a $5 rebate form on the ROCKAUTO site.

Looked at the Supertech wipers at Wal Mart and the store employee told me they are cheap and won't last? Not that I had any confidence in his statement.

Buy my wipers the last few years at Ollie's Bargain Outlet for $3.00 and I'm happy with them.

If you have a Toyota , you can but refills at the dealer, IF you have the original Toyota wiper frame. I buy my rear window SUV wiper refill for about $4.00 there.

I replace mine twice a year (spring & fall) usually when I do a full detail on the cars. So I usually do the Anco's, glad to know these will be the same quality.

Yes the packaging has pretty much the same info and diagrams on it including the exclusive rubber compound and Federal Moguls address and contact info.

I have found some companies making only a partial wiper lineup and telling me to replace my 21" with their 20". I know its only one inch. But I will find the proper full length blades.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I have found some companies making only a partial wiper lineup and telling me to replace my 21" with their 20". I know its only one inch. But I will find the proper full length blades.

Yeah, you don't want to run the wrong length. The entire wipe profile is dependent on the proper length. Going too long or too short will result in inadequate pressure or an inability to clear the windshield correctly.

I just buy PIAA silicone refills and use them. They last much longer and wipe better IMO.

I put some Anco on a car just 3-4 mos ago and they are already streaky. however I did get a new windshield because the other was scratched and caused glare.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I just buy PIAA silicone refills and use them. They last much longer and wipe better IMO.

I would love to be able to buy refills that work well. Disposable assemblies are such a waste.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I did not know PIAA made/offered refills (this is only on their old style, metal framed, Super Sporzas and Super Silicones, correct??).

Where is the least expensive place to get these, Amazon, Tire Rack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back