B12 in oil and piston soak

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've talked about my troubling engine in the past but I havnt done anything. I've just sat in idle and read more and more posts on the forum. Anyways, I got a carboned up piston with a frozen oil ring and I poured some b12 on it. I instantly released the oil ring which has gotten me excited.i plan on doing a piston soak on the current engine to hopefully get some result. I am thinking that assuming the piston soaks free the oil rings ill still need something to clean them over time. Will the detergents in oil suffice or should I add some sort of additive like kleen? And why is it that u can drive wi kleen in ur oil but not with b12 in your oil?

My over all plan is to add 1.5oz of b12 per qt of oil and let it run at idle for 10 mins. Drain the oil, drive 2k on the new oil soak the pistons over night. Change the oil again and maybe use something like MMO or kleen in the oil and repeat the cycle of 2k oil change intervals with a piston soak at the end. Although I plan on only doing 3-4 piston soaks and if I don't see any results I'll be done with that. I'm Lso leaving the soaking for the end because I have to put like 400ml of b12 in each cylinder to fully submerge the piston thus a drain will be necessary.

I'd appreciate any input.

If you are referring to your year 2K Isuzu trooper gasoline engine oil burning issue, then good luck.

soaking it in solvent may help temporarily but not significantly, IMO.

It's a design issue on the oil control rings/piston ring lands part.

Q.

well i was reading that in japan they never had the problem because the oil quality there was much higher. Plus when they redesigned the pistons starting in 2001 they just added more drain holes. 8 vs 4. So you dont think there is any chance of loosening the rings and gradually getting them cleaned?

@trooper:

The only way I'm aware of is to undo the engine and manually scrape the oil control ring lands and clear the holes....there's no way around it.

Fact is: in Japan, engines can still be ruined by ignorant owners with long overdue oil changes. The difference between here in NA and Jpn is that in Jpn, automobiles typically take on less mileage per year (gasoline cost, road taxes, annual licensing renewal, parking cost, etc. all adds up esp. with larger displacement engines), and also they have mandatory inspection systems that does inspections on everything, including but not limited to emissions. The cumulative ownership cost of large displacement engine SUV in Jpn would soon skyrocketed when it reaches between the 3 or 5th year (esp. in metro Tokyo district, outskirts or rural suburbs significantly less) and most owners would rather dump their automobiles in the used car market (even though they have very low mileage on them due to minimal usage...typical Japanese don't drive to work but to take all kinds of public transit during weekdays)...

In a nutshell: even though Isuzu gasoline engines are known to have that issue...but due to all the listed reasoning, most owners in Japan don't get to see them starting to burn a significant amount of oil (they dump their vehicles too soon).

Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back