Specs for Honda OEM filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that you can use the new 15400-PCX-004 for all Hondas. Before the new A02 filer the
15400-POH-305 was the universal filter for all Hondas to include the S2000...so it seems reasonable to think that the 004 would also be interchangeable. My only concerns are different bypass settings, even then I don't think the difference would be that significant. I just wish I had proof that the new 004 is actually superior to the A02, proof besides someone's non-scientific observation that is.

I would stay with Honda filters. Then you will be always on safety side.

If we can order oil filters available in the US and Japan, then you can probably get that sold by Honda Europe: 15400-PH1-F03. This filter is manufactured by Purflux, France. Its design and manufacturing quality are probably the best and inspire a full confidence:

http://www.filtrauto.com/epurfl.html

As the second choice I would recommend 15400-PLC 004 from Toyo-Roki or PLC-003 from Tennex.

From replacement suppliers: Knecht OC 115. Oil filters are manufactured in Austria. Knecht is know more for BMW owners since it's main filters' supplier to BMW.

quote:

Originally posted by guile:
I believe that you can use the new 15400-PCX-004 for all Hondas. Before the new A02 filer the
15400-POH-305 was the universal filter for all Hondas to include the S2000...so it seems reasonable to think that the 004 would also be interchangeable.

Except one of Civics 2000-2001, Legend I and II, and probably NSX.

Interesting that Hyundai, some Mazda and Mitsubishi models use the same filter as Honda.

Primus...are you saying that the 305 wouldn't fit 2000-2001 civics??? I'm certain that it would fit the 2000 as it's a 6th generation civic and I'm sure any oil filter that would fit 96-99 would also fit an 00. Same with 01, if the 305 fits 02-04 then it stands to reason that it would fit the 01.

As to the Legend and NSX I don't know, however I did specify in my reply that the filter was universal to Hondas; not certain about Acuras.

Add to your list Isuzu...they also use an identically sized filter as Honda.

quote:

Originally posted by guile:
Primus...are you saying that the 305 wouldn't fit 2000-2001 civics??? I'm certain that it would fit the 2000 as it's a 6th generation civic and I'm sure any oil filter that would fit 96-99 would also fit an 00. Same with 01, if the 305 fits 02-04 then it stands to reason that it would fit the 01.

As to the Legend and NSX I don't know, however I did specify in my reply that the filter was universal to Hondas; not certain about Acuras.

Add to your list Isuzu...they also use an identically sized filter as Honda.

Guile,
Only one of Civics 2000-2001 is equipped with a different filter and very likely this model (1668 cm3 "cylindree") is supplied to Japan market only.

As for other OEMs filters suitability for Honda, the filter size cannot serve a reference. Think the best way is to take catalogues of at least 2 manufacturers you trust more (Fram, K&N, Mann, Purolator, Vix) and check for whom else they offer this or that filter type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back